• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a closeup pic of mounted fender bullets on a 68 GTX

GetX'd

Making Life Great Again!
Local time
11:43 PM
Reaction score
Can someone with a 68 GTX/RR/Satellite provide a closeup pic of the fender bullets on mounted on top of their fenders. I don't remember which way the turn signals canted and a quick pic and which side of the car taken will tell me all I need to know. The lights/bullets are side specific.

Thx for any help you can give.

Thx - Kevin

No pics with me but seems to me the side with a little bigger edge goes toward the inside and the side with less edge goes toward the outside of the fender. Clear as mud? Going off memory so my info is worth what you paid....

Hello. They really only go one way. This is the driver side. The tricky part is the clamp underneath. If the clamp is turned the wrong way when you clamp it the turn signal will cant inwards. Just turn the clamp around. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_0239.JPG
    IMG_0239.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 114
Hey Dave thx very much!! Just what I was needing. Looks like that bullet is on the driver side. I can see how the mine need to be positioned. Very much appreciated.

Thx - Kevin

here's the complete setup minus the nuts. the one on the right is for driver side, and the one on the left is pass. side. don't forget the body gasket!252-69__85116.1418351077.386.513.jpg

Thx 69! I have a good impression of the fit now. I appreciate the help!!

Kevin

Cool, Two needed things which dress the old gal up and make it look even sweeter!

Yep Ron. They're expensive if you have to buy new ones - but getting them re chromed is almost as much. So I bought the new ones. They've been off the car for awhile so I forgot the cant for reinstalling. The car is just out of paint and soon to be road worthy. Can't wait to get my babe out on the road again!

Auto Transport Service
Back