• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a few 71-72 b body front end measurements please.

VicsGarage

Local time
12:08 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone would mind helping me out with a few measurements. Finally assembled my front end. But we just want to confirm its good to go before I weld it all it. I got a few of these measurements from a friend. But I want to just double check and get a bit of an average because all these cars have so much variability.... Need both sides for this obviously, checking if everything is square.

Top Engine reduce.jpg

A) From the front of the rad support to rear of the stud (Person gave be 48 3/8 inches)
B) Front front of the rad support to the last hole on the inner fender NOT the bracket. (Person gave me 38 3/4)
C) From the Corner of rad support to the hole in the innder fender (Person gave me 64 inches)
D) from that stud, to the corner of rad support (don't have that one)
Rad support measurements.jpg

And then the rad support.. cross from the rad mounting points....

Thanks A lot guys.

The following is what I measured. Note, I couldn’t get “ C” measurement because the hood hinges are in the way. FYI - This was on my 1971 Roadrunner.
Ron

Side Passenger Drivers
A= 48-1/4” 48-1/4”
B= 41-1/8” 41”
D= 69” 69”

Last edited:
Thanks a lot.

So the other Car I got measurments off of had

A: 48 3/8 so thats pretty good
B: 38 3/4 (They did hook tape on the rad support and measured to the back of the hole on the inner fender. Not the hole on the bracket. I'm guessing you did the hole on the bracket?

D: They made a typo so they're getting back to me.

You don't happen to have an Idea on measuring the Shock tower locations by anychance?..Otherwise I'm gonna just try to set them the same distance from the front of the rails...

B: 38 3/4 (They did hook tape on the rad support and measured to the back of the hole on the inner fender. Not the hole on the bracket. I'm guessing you did the hole on the bracket?
I’m not sure what bracket you are referring to. I measured from the Front of the radiator support to the rear most fender bolt. See pic.
Ron

343FBCF2-8211-4C6F-B490-43D8EF3A25CA.jpeg

Ah ok I see which one you used. It's the one on the cowl bracket, not the inner fender. No problem thanks a ton for your help!

Auto Transport Service
Back