• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a gasket part number-help!

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:52 PM
Reaction score
I need a oil filter adapter plate gasket for my 65 318 (poly) and all I can find (70078 Fel-Pro) is a o-ring. I'm sure it takes a flat gasket in the recess in the block side. Can anyone help me? Thanks!
Mike

The Mopar part # for all three gaskets is P5249320. That gives you the big 1 for the plate and the 2 smaller ones for the bolt. I just bought them from Chrysler so they are still available. About $10.

Recess gasket only , FelPro #70522. Got mine at AutoZone

I've got some nos original one's , if you want one let me know an I'll send you one.
we had a Chrysler dealership till 06 when we quit.
Russ

Thank you fellas! I will get one coming Monday.
Mike

A follow up note: I found a gasket in my stash so I put a thin layer of silicone sealant on both sides and installed it per the directions on the tube (install while silicone is wet, hand tighten, in an hour torque to specs). This is the result. The correct 70522 Felpro gasket came in Monday and it seems to have corrected my leak. I used nothing on it-all was dry and clean. That pipe nipple torque spec is:45 Ft. Lbs.
Mike
IMG_2058.JPG

I've got some nos original one's , if you want one let me know an I'll send you one.
we had a Chrysler dealership till 06 when we quit.
Russ
Hi Russ: Do you still have any of the gasket sets available? If so, let me know pricing. Thanks for your assistance and have a good day!

Auto Transport Service
Back