• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a helping hand here!

F4R/T

Local time
7:24 AM
Reaction score
Lost somewhere in Granite City/ Madison Il area in the early 80s. This is my Dads 70 EK2 440 , flite , charcoal interior with white c stripe, power brakes & steering with a/c. This beauty was the first car I rode home in, purchased new from St. Ann Dodge in Mo., kept until 77-78 traded in at Tri Ford in Highland Il, sold before he left the lot with his 76 Elite. The car went to the next owner in Alhambra Il., after a short stay there the wheels were removed and slots were installed it was traded to a used car lot in Granite City/ Madison area, last seen on the road in the early 80s.Dad seen it and knew it was his.. then it disappeared We purchased the original rallye wheels back from the second owner,he has the original avs and other parts from services that he held on to.. We have all the paper work on it from new. My dad is a bad stroke victim of 20years ago it would be greatest thing I could do for him is to get it back or find out where it went. The pics are around 76-77 era, the little guy is my twin bro, the other is with it parked at my grandparents house. VIN : XS29U0G170626, it is registered as missing on the 70 charger registry forum with Don. I’ve tried dmv/ title searches no luck, only go back 7 years, I have several friends that looked for the vin across the country and it’s like it disappeared. Bad thing is the privacy act limits me in Il. Any help would be appreciated— if it turns up I may sell my RT to buy it..

04F3BE78-813D-4E8C-9A0A-23AC4E1C9B3C.jpeg AD824204-E277-4EA6-89E5-63C8E43FB95A.jpeg

I looked at one just like this in early 90's and I believe it was in Madison area. I was 15 at the time and went with my dad. It was really rough. Quarters were gone/ floors. It was a auto car. I dont remember if it had white stripe on it.

Jesse James your in box is full can you drop me a private message? It was an auto on the floor console car. If you have any info I would really love to speak to you.

The relatively short time periods covered by state title records sure don't help, plus privacy issues. My reunion with my '68 GTX may provide some encouragement. I got the car back, not through a title search or internet post, just old fashioned human networking. The guy I got it back from contacted the second owner, while looking for historical information. Second owner contacted me.

When I sold the car, I kept some of the original paperwork (like the pink slip), but sent copies along with the car. I was amazed it took over 20 years and four owners before anyone called the second owner, or me. First owner was deceased. Car migrated from me to Detroit, to Columbia, S.C. to Kingsport, TN.

I had even left a note when I sold the car that read "call Bob if you have questions." We've been friends ever since I bought the car from him in 1983, and he hasn't changed his phone number or moved since I wrote the note.

What was really incredible, was that the guy who finally called soon sold the GTX back to me for a price I will always consider a gift. Sometimes these things seem meant to be. I really hope things turn out the same way for you and your charger.

Lost somewhere in Granite City/ Madison Il area in the early 80s. This is my Dads 70 EK2 440 , flite , charcoal interior with white c stripe, power brakes & steering with a/c. This beauty was the first car I rode home in, purchased new from St. Ann Dodge in Mo., kept until 77-78 traded in at Tri Ford in Highland Il, sold before he left the lot with his 76 Elite. The car went to the next owner in Alhambra Il., after a short stay there the wheels were removed and slots were installed it was traded to a used car lot in Granite City/ Madison area, last seen on the road in the early 80s.Dad seen it and knew it was his.. then it disappeared We purchased the original rallye wheels back from the second owner,he has the original avs and other parts from services that he held on to.. We have all the paper work on it from new. My dad is a bad stroke victim of 20years ago it would be greatest thing I could do for him is to get it back or find out where it went. The pics are around 76-77 era, the little guy is my twin bro, the other is with it parked at my grandparents house. VIN : XS29U0G170626, it is registered as missing on the 70 charger registry forum with Don. I’ve tried dmv/ title searches no luck, only go back 7 years, I have several friends that looked for the vin across the country and it’s like it disappeared. Bad thing is the privacy act limits me in Il. Any help would be appreciated— if it turns up I may sell my RT to buy it..

View attachment 996031 View attachment 996032

....to be honest, at least you have the memories of it. I hope you find it.

Thanks, I’ve been looking since I was young kid.. I hope someone just has it buried in the garage or shed for a someday project...

Who knows it could have been the one you looked at years ago that was in your area, they did move around... I’d fall over if it was still around but it would be great to get it back.. hard to believe a chunk of steel could mean more than gold!

I'm a little north of you in Godfrey. Ill keep on the look out!

Thanks I kinda doubt it was crushed but I’ve met many Gm guys that loved to part Mopars and crush them because they were worthless ... to them. I appreciate any help!

Putting a little bump on it just to keep it going , I’m willing to reward someone if found and can be verified...

Bump on this after reading about another members good fortune on his dads 6 pack car..

Auto Transport Service
Back