• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a little advice on grief counseling.

I got a call from an old girlfriend this morning. We dated 40 years ago. It was a stupid breakup but she went to Europe and became a fashion model. Yep, she was that pretty. She was extremely smart too. So we caught up on the phone and then she hit me with the news that she is dying from ovarian cancer stage 4. There's always hope I know. It has hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm mad, stunned, and sad. I know some of you have gone through stuff like this. Any advice? I feel like a zombie.

No religion, please.
Be there for her. Answer her calls when she reaches out. Be supportive and above all listen. Share GOOD memories with her, get her laughing. Be strong and make sure she knows that you will miss her when she goes, without really saying that. Sounds like she's moved to the acceptance phase.

Good luck, I lost so many family to this crap. It's hard to watch.

20 years, no religion, she has a husband. Door is closed.

After all these years, you're kidding right! Sad, no doubt about it, but time waits for no one. Move on.

Auto Transport Service
Back