• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need a small oddball piece....

Ghostrider 67

Jack Stand Racer #6..and proud of it!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
Hey fellas. I have a problem that requires the help of a skilled TIG welder. I need a 'Y' pipe but it's a little one. Not for exhaust. What I have is a fuel cell with dual filler pipes, one from each side of the car. Where they terminate over the fuel cell filler opening I need a Y pipe that I can put a hunk of hose on each of the three ends and marry up the pipes to the tank. The pipe needs to be 1 5/8" ID. I think, i'll check that measurement. Anyway, such a thing doesn't exist, at least that I can find anyway so one needs to be made that won't leak fuel.

Let me know if you have the skills and are willing.

Ghost.

0606201149.jpg

If it's a single fuel cell why would you not use a single filler & cap the second filler? I'm guessing the second filler is intended to allow you to fill from either side of the car?

yes, but mostly symmetry..lefty & right...

If it's a single fuel cell why would you not use a single filler & cap the second filler? I'm guessing the second filler is intended to allow you to fill from either side of the car?

The filler caps are motorcycle pop up and are on top of each quarter panel near the front corners of the trunk lid.

What confused me is the way this is worded.... "What I have is a fuel cell with dual filler pipes" I thought you were using one cap to feed two fillers on the fuel cell..... Now I understand....

Last edited:
Ghost can you just get a second filler that fits the tank and make it a mirror image of the drivers side.

Have you considered using something like a silicone hose and a hose barb on the fuel cell filler cap.

T038-025K.jpg

Ghost can you just get a second filler that fits the tank and make it a mirror image of the drivers side.
Do you mean drill a fill hole in the tank and weld on a collar to connect to? No.

They make replacement fillers for different types of fuel cells. Look at ATL website, you would just cut an exact hole and the neck bolts down to the cell, no welding required.
So if I'm understanding correctly you want to be able to fill the cell from either side of the car, correct? May need to install a check valve to prevent pushing fuel out the other side...

Hey fellas. I have a problem that requires the help of a skilled TIG welder. I need a 'Y' pipe but it's a little one. Not for exhaust. What I have is a fuel cell with dual filler pipes, one from each side of the car. Where they terminate over the fuel cell filler opening I need a Y pipe that I can put a hunk of hose on each of the three ends and marry up the pipes to the tank. The pipe needs to be 1 5/8" ID. I think, i'll check that measurement. Anyway, such a thing doesn't exist, at least that I can find anyway so one needs to be made that won't leak fuel.

Let me know if you have the skills and are willing.

Ghost.

View attachment 961081

I can give it a shot for you. . .

They make replacement fillers for different types of fuel cells. Look at ATL website, you would just cut an exact hole and the neck bolts down to the cell, no welding required.
So if I'm understanding correctly you want to be able to fill the cell from either side of the car, correct? May need to install a check valve to prevent pushing fuel out the other side...
I will check them out as that would be the easiest fix. Thanks.

I think this is the way to go, just insert another filler neck into the tank on the right half and run that up to the other cap.

Thanks everyone!

Auto Transport Service
Back