• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advice about 73 satellite

carange

Local time
12:25 AM
Reaction score
I recently bought a 1973 satellite
With a 383 Mopar engine for a great deal. The car needs a little body work which is why i have some questions. Both quarter panels need to be replaced but i can not find Any 73 panels for sale so i was wondering will quarter panels for a 71/72 satellite fit on a 73? If not will quarter panels off a 71/72, gtx or roadrunner work instead? Please let me know what quarter panels would be interchangeable

Unfortunately, no other quarter panel is 100% fully interchangeable.

I have heard of people using the wheel well area from 72 to 80 Dodge truck front fenders to fix the rear quarter wheel well areas on 73/74 Plymouth B body cars. The wheel well area of a left front truck fender is close to the right rear wheel well area on the 73/74 Plymouth,and the right truck fender wheel well area of the truck fender is close to the left rear wheel well area of the 73/74 Plymouth. Then using the very bottom sections of the 71/72 Plymouth quarter panels for before and after the wheel wells. AMD was selling lower patch panels for 73/74 Plymouth B body cars,but they were discontinued.

Last edited:
Agree with chargervert on the truck fenders. I have both and they appear to be VERY close, although I've not actually seen it done. Amazing if it is.

AMD used to offer a rear patch panel that took care of the 12'o clock position rearward. There could be some floating around.

Unfortunately 73/74 tends to rust out BAD in the rear window corners and all around the rear wheel arches.
...and that is why those cars needing work in that area are cheap and usually not saved.
71/72 has the same problem but both full quarters and lower patch panels have been made.

Also check the cowl and vent area.
That's another 71-74 specific area that tends to rust REAL BAD and is extremely difficult to repair, where no real replacement metal is made.
E body panels are close, but not close enough to use without work.

Auto Transport Service
Back