• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advice on new positive battery cable

zyzzyx

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
Hello Gents! I'm at the point that I need to purchase a positive battery cable for my 68 GTX.
Year one has a sale going on this weekend, but they have two that look identical. One is $32.00, and the other one is $139.00. What the Hey! I don't care who I buy from, I just
want a quality piece. Not bargain hunting, just want good stuff. EEnie Meeni, Chili Beeny,
the spirits are about to speak! Thanks again Guys.

There's GOT to be some difference btw the two. Can't recall right off, but I paid a good amount for mine some years back. Check the product detail, if posted, or I'd call or email the supplier to ask. I've been burnt, yes there's a pun here, on buying **** wiring...

I think the cheaper ones have crimped on ends and the expensive one are soldered or molded on ends.
Makes a difference in the long run.

Bite the bullet and buy the more expensive one and be done. I had issues with a couple of the cheap versions. Posted a thread on here awhile back showing the difference in ohm readings between the 2.

The problem is the most expensive one might be junk! Looking for someone's experience
to steer me in the right direction.

I bought the $129 one from Mancini, a very high quality piece, it’s a smidge short if you’re running a mini starter, I had to leave it out of one of the looms to keep a little slack.

bought mine off Evil bay. Good quality and every thing fit fine. No issues yet. LOL. Got both for around 65 dollars.

QUOTE="Mopar Hunter, post: 911968920, member: 28155"]Buy direct from M&H.[/QUOTE]
Went to M&H, they don't sell direct. They have a message that says shop at Year One ($139.00)
Concourse cable. Went to Year One. They don't take PayPal. I have a nice balance at PayPal and
would like to use it. Oh well, I'm getting tired of the constant run around. Thanks Guys!

I know sometimes I take the hit and put the PayPal balance in my account to buy something. That's only if I can't wait 3 days for the free transfer.

Last edited:
So I went to Classic industries and for $119.00 I can buy a nice cable (I think).
I put it in my cart and they want $27.00 to ship it. I left an e-mail and told them
to "Stick It". Going back to Year One and chewing on the bullet! Ha!

It's copper and a little heavy.
Shipping is always the issue. They charged me $17 to ship bumper bolts.

Year One got my business. $139.00/free shipping. Done! The shipping is really starting to
hurt. It would be nice if I could order everything from someone at one time, but I'm not
that sharp! One step forward, two steps back! Anyway, I think it's the M&H Concourse
cable (Not that I'm going to show the car), but comparing prices I think I made the right
choice. Thanks for all the suggestions and for listening! Now on to the next Debacle!

Not sure about the positive cables (I think bought the 100.00 version back a few years ago), but the stock ground cable is crap and too small a gage. I had a custom one made with thicker cable and haven't had any issues since. My car is not a show car so I wanted performance not points on the show field.

I agree 100%! I can buy or make a very conductive ground cable that almost looks stock, but
with heavier gauge wire and solder the one end.

Auto Transport Service
Back