• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Advice/Tips On Buying/Replacing Motor Mounts On A 70 RR-383

soundhd

Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score
Need to look into buying & replacing the motor mounts on my 70RR (383-auto).
Best type and where to purchase them?
Best way to replace them: (I do have a two post lift hopefully that will help a lot). Assume I will have to disconnect the exhaust system from the exhaust manifolds. Any tips and or steps involved would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Schumacher interlockers. Never a problem.

Recently I had the Charger up on jackstands to trace a clunk in the front end. It turned out to be bad lower control arm bushings. I decided to just go ahead and follow through with some upgrades that I have been planning. I swapped in a spare k member that I had modified by fully welding the seams, adding gussets to the steering box mount and adding a small deflector/skid plate. When I lowered the old K member out, the right side motor mount came apart. I never knew it was bad. BOTH mounts are from Schumacher. Only the left one was the polyloc/interlock, whatever they are called. The right side was a standard mount. My point? Maybe getting TWO of the heavy duty mounts is a good idea.

Just about any motor mount you get from the parts stores are junk from India or Pakistan and they will fail sooner than later. I'm going the urethane route from Schumacker or other similar source. As far as replacing them goes, you might be in for a fight. Jack up the engine and get a big pry bar to and move it around. Some are easy some are not.

Auto Transport Service
Back