• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Advise/Tips On Converting To Power Windows In A 70 Roadrunner Convertible

soundhd

Local time
11:50 AM
Reaction score
Planning this winter/early spring to convert my 70 Roadrunner convertible from manual to power windows. Going to be getting a conversion kit from Nu-Relics (they just finished this past few months putting together a kit for the 70 B body cars). Wondering if anyone else has added power windows to a 70 B Body convertible and if so can you give me any advise, tips, etc....

thanks

I don't know how much different it would be for a Convertible but I installed Nu-Relics in my 68 Charger a couple months ago with minor problems and they work fine. I didn't use the individual window switches or the master switch in the drivers door. I used the console mounted master switch for all four windows and the harness they provided worked out perfect. No relays to mount. The only problem I had was with the door window regulators. They do not provide an adjustable down stop on the regulator like the factory ones do. My windows went down too far and dropped down below the cat whiskers. The down stop they provide is about a quarter inch too far so I drilled and tapped a 1/4" hole in the regulator to stop it from going too far. The directions say they provide an adjustable stop if the factory regulators had one but that is not the case as of yet.
They recommend a 30A fuse for the circuit but the motors only use about 7Amps each. As long as you don't run all four at the same time, you can get by with a 20A source from your fuse panel. Here is a pic of the bolt I added to stop the regulator from going too far. Hope it helps 100_7215.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back