• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Electrical Help 66 Satellite/Belvedere

66plysat

Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
IMG_2411.jpg
IMG_2410.jpg
IMG_2409.jpg
IMG_2408.jpg
IMG_2406.jpg
IMG_2404.jpg

Sorry, I had issues posting this. My problem is I missed labeling a couple of under dash connections after my car was painted and have no idea where these connectors belong. I've searched the schematic and laid on my back for hours looking for the correct connection locations. Also the previous owner had the fuse box crammed into the body hole next to the e-brake pedal, is that correct? The fuse box is open on both sides should there be a cover over the wire connection side or the fuse side or both. The fuse box has no protection against shorts without a cover.

Any guidance or pictures will be appreciated, laying on my back for hours trying to figure this out is a pain in my back and a pain in the butt. Thanks in advance!

Fuse Box is bolted to dash, about half way from column-side panel (big Philip screw) most of those wires are not on my 66 especially that breaker connector. Mine is out also but I’ll recheck tonite when I get home.

The fuse box is screwed to bottom of the dash, left of the column. It actually sits on top of the lip, the screw goes thru the dash and into it. The part of the box that houses the fuses hangs out past the edge. There is supposed to be a cover on the back - it's kind of a milky white translucent color. That circuit breaker (with the black caps on the connections) pokes into one of the holes behind the e-brake lever (kick panel area) - I can see the little screw that attaches it in one of your pics. That light appears to be for the shift indicator. As far as the other connections get your hands on a schematic.

Last edited:
The fuse box is screwed to bottom of the dash, left of the column. It actually sits on top of the lip, the screw goes thru the dash and into it. The part of the box that houses the fuses hangs out past the edge. There is supposed to be a cover on the back - it's kind of a milky white translucent color. That circuit breaker (with the black caps on the connections) pokes into one of the holes behind the e-brake lever (kick panel area) - I can see the little screw that attaches it in one of the pics. That light appears to be for the shift indicator light. As far as the other connections get your hands on a schematic.
Whats that circuit breaker for? I dont remember one being there.

Whats that circuit breaker for? I dont remember one being there.

It is for the convertible top motor POS circuit, also if the car has power windows the hot is connected to it also.

It is for the convertible top motor POS circuit, also if the car has power windows the hot is connected to it also.
Two big reasons I don’t have that piece lol

Two big reasons I did not know what it was and just could not remember ever seeing one there.

I'm still working on the dash electrical, but I'm not sure how the fuse box is mounted. I understand it's under the dash to the left of the steering column. I would appreciate it if someone could post a picture of a 66/67 Belvedere/Satellite mounted fuse box. Thanks

QUOTE="Ceedawg, post: 911466031, member: 29578"]Thought it went through that open hole in this pic?[/QUOTE]
All 4 67's I've had were mounted as shown and none of them had been disassembled until I got a hold of them :lol:
Don't know if 66 was the same. IIRC the bracket shown has a small lip and the mount block on the fuse box fits against it.

QUOTE="Ceedawg, post: 911466031, member: 29578"]Thought it went through that open hole in this pic?
All 4 67's I've had were mounted as shown and none of them had been disassembled until I got a hold of them :lol:
Don't know if 66 was the same. IIRC the bracket shown has a small lip and the mount block on the fuse box fits against it.[/QUOTE]
Copper67 does that car have A/C? Looks a little different than my non A/C 66. Op will see that counter sunk hole anyway.

Don't know if 66 was the same. IIRC the bracket shown has a small lip and the mount block on the fuse box fits against it.
Copper67 does that car have A/C? Looks a little different than my non A/C 66. Op will see that counter sunk hole anyway.[/QUOTE]
Fran - yes this one has a/c. You can see the driver's vent on the left-hand side of the pic. If I can get to my conv. I can take a pic of a non-a/c setup.

Last edited:
I can look at mine thanks, just thought the position was a little different on non A/C car. The mounting screw look harder to get at, looks like a small added mounting bracket.

I can look at mine thanks, just thought the position was a little different on non A/C car. The mounting screw look harder to get at, looks like a small added mounting bracket.
I stand corrected...my non-a/C car is different - I haven't worked on the wiring on this one. Both are 67's. This mounts to the bottom of the dash frame - no bracket. Looks like they repositioned the fuse box on the a/c car to make room for the vent.

20200123_200544.jpg

:D
I stand corrected...my non-a/C car is different - I haven't worked on the wiring on this one. Both are 67's. This mounts to the bottom of the dash frame - no bracket. Looks like they repositioned the fuse box on the a/c car to make room for the vent.

View attachment 899008
Zackly:D Whew my memory isn't as fogged up as I thought or.....
Thanks.

View attachment 899008
Thanks, I thought that’s where my non AC was attached also

Auto Transport Service
Back