• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need engine harness for slant 6

BelvedereGuy

Local time
7:31 AM
Reaction score
I have a '65 Belvedere with the 225 slant 6.
Where is the best place to find a new engine wiring harness?
My wires are pretty brittle, and I seem to have a short, probably in my alternator wire. Are the engine harnesses the same on the six and the V8?
Any help appreciated

there should be some good used ones floating around the 'early B' crowd. these tend to stay in good condition, and are changed out to use a V8 harness on a conversion. However this is also your problem as the slant six crowd tends to be a very low demand segment, and I might add, cheap, so the value of saving good 6 stuff is marginal. Wire lenght is different for distributor, senders, coil etc.
I will look in my box of harnesses.

When I did the electronic ignition conversion on my '64 Valiant I was able to buy a wiring harness from the ballast resistor to the ecu and the distributor directly from Chrysler. They may offer more complete harnesses and I remeber it being pretty affordable.

Oh and Chignikred, calling all slant six guys cheap is an unnecessary and untrue generalization that makes you look a bit ignorant. As long as you're cool with that then it doesn't bother me a bit.

Just saying is all.

Yea I looked also and only fiound stuff for SB and BB...

M & H wiring are year one's suplier & do great work and were very nice returning my call on a few questions I had and they could prob make one for you...(562) 926-9552

Also saw one for a dart off flea-bay...may work for you alsohttp://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-1966-Dodge-Dart-270-Slant-Six-Engine-Wire-Harness-/320772253441?hash=item4aaf842701&item=320772253441&pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

^^Absolutly nothing wrong with a /6...its a gutsy motor with a good deal of power and cheap on gas...anyone who talks them down doesn't know how to maintain a engine imo.

Yea I looked also and only fiound stuff for SB and BB...

M & H wiring are year one's suplier & do great work and were very nice returning my call on a few questions I had and they could prob make one for you...(562) 926-9552

Also saw one for a dart off flea-bay...may work for you alsohttp://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-1966-Dodge-Dart-270-Slant-Six-Engine-Wire-Harness-/320772253441?hash=item4aaf842701&item=320772253441&pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

^^Absolutly nothing wrong with a /6...its a gutsy motor with a good deal of power and cheap on gas...anyone who talks them down doesn't know how to maintain a engine imo.

ok; off topic but did you get the 440 running? inquiring minds want to know.:headbang:

Well its all wired but no juice yet at the coil - im bringing it to a shop early nxt week-i just dont want to fry anything;p

Thanks, Guys!

Thanks, Guys, for all the suggestions;

I also posted an inquiry on the Slant 6 forum, and a knowledgeable guy named Slant6Dan gave me a source called Evans Wiring www.evanswiring.com

Looking at the site, I see quite a selection of Mopar harnessess of various kinds!
In fact, they specialize in Mopar stuff! Check it out!

I also posted an inquiry on the Slant 6 forum, and a knowledgeable guy named Slant6Dan gave me a source called Evans Wiring www.evanswiring.com

Looking at the site, I see quite a selection of Mopar harnessess of various kinds!

That's actually an awesome forum full of knowledgeable folks. SlantsixDan occasionally pops up here as well. Good to hear you found a source.

six wiring harness

I post a photo of a 62 wiring harness from a S-6 car, I parted, where I save any good condition part. If you want to go this route, I will sell. A newly made loom naturally is the best way to go, and the lead provided is a well known supplier. Sorry for the poor lighting in photo. No cut wires, but two insulation points are bent over to crack insulation. If you want to go this route, make me an offer, and we will see what 'value' this really has.

Soapbox: To Pat, 25 years of dealings in parts, gives me the reason I said slant six folks are cheap. So it is a generalization based on experience, not based on ignorance. A huge difference. If you read my posts, and even some public comments related to me, you will not say I am ignorant on these old cars.
The majority of slant 6 , 4 door owners will not put the same amount of money into a car as an owner of a 383 2 door car. For any make or any model. Simple fact.

Attachments

• 62 eng wiring S-6.jpg
    62 eng wiring S-6.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 205
Evans

I just saw this post. Today the wiring from Evans for my 64 Dodge 440 wagon was delivered:) I ordered both the headlight harness and engine harness, including provisions for electronic ignition, dual field alternator and flat style regulator. Bill Evans had it done within a week. Shipping to Holland took ages, but that's beside the point:)

Bill is very knowledgeable and is prompt with anwering questions.

P1060447800x600.jpg

Complete engine harness for a big block.

P1060449800x600.jpg

Bulkhead connector

P1060452800x600.jpg

ECU connector, with sufficient separate harness length which doesn't restrict mounting locations for the ECU

P1060450800x600.jpg

End terminations at the alternator, distributor, horns, coil, sensor

SuperFly TNT

Soapbox: To Pat, 25 years of dealings in parts, gives me the reason I said slant six folks are cheap. So it is a generalization based on experience, not based on ignorance. A huge difference. If you read my posts, and even some public comments related to me, you will not say I am ignorant on these old cars.
The majority of slant 6 , 4 door owners will not put the same amount of money into a car as an owner of a 383 2 door car. For any make or any model. Simple fact.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh calling you ignorant. I haven't actually read many or any of your other posts so can't attest to your upstanding character and vast knowledge on '62-'65 Mopars so I'll have to take your word for it. It's good that you at least admit to generalizing about the frugality of /6 owners. It's still not right but you're on your way to becoming a better person.

Auto Transport Service
Back