• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Experienced Automotive Technician

Rick@Laysons

FBBO Vendor
FBBO Sponsor
Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
Need an experienced automotive technician for all aspects of our company from call center customer service handling to technical help in product development / customer inquiries / and customer installation instructions.. Must have ability to type / input orders while on the phone (must be proficient at keyboard skills). Has to be organized and able to multi-task between several projects at the same time. Needs to know basic software office skills like Word, Outlook and Excel software. Having some kind of an automotive parts background is REQUIRED ! We talk about and work with Classic Cars all day long.

Summary of qualifications needed:
• Proper typing skills – not a two finger poke
• Travel Required
• Word, Excel and Outlook knowledge
• BASIC automotive knowledge required
• STRONG WORK ETHIC

Contact dave at ([email protected]). See our website at www.laysons.com for more information about our company. Send all resumes over the e-mail via word type format please or fax us at (253) 722-1310 !

This can be an excellent opportunity for long term employment.

This guy is a crack mechanic, but he's kind of a goober.

GillyandGoober.png

We do have an anti-drug policy at work......

No crack here to mechanic on! LOL! .....We leave that to the gynecologists and proctologists...

:D

I'm your guy. Check my build thread for skillset. I'll relocate and out work any under 40 guys you have for 175K year. :VB toast:

I'm sure the perks are great. I have no intention of moving across the country and starting over. It's a great opportunity and I'm sure Laysons will find the right guy at the right price.:VB toast:

I only have 7 fingers to poke with at present. Three at still healing from a table saw incident. Unfortunately my typing would still be handy caped with all ten working and I do use all 10 at a full sized keyboard.One thing I have learnt in 40 years in the business world multitasking is mith the seldom works.
Job management is the key.

Still looking......

The resumes we have been getting are not that impressive....to say the least....

Yup, welcome to the real world! Hard to get good people! That sounds like a wonderfully fun job, all the requirements I excel in, but I'd have to abandon drblast.com, good luck!

Need an experienced automotive technician for all aspects of our company from call center customer service handling to technical help in product development / customer inquiries / and customer installation instructions.. Must have ability to type / input orders while on the phone (must be proficient at keyboard skills). Has to be organized and able to multi-task between several projects at the same time. Needs to know basic software office skills like Word, Outlook and Excel software. Having some kind of an automotive parts background is REQUIRED ! We talk about and work with Classic Cars all day long.

Summary of qualifications needed:
• Proper typing skills – not a two finger poke
• Travel Required
• Word, Excel and Outlook knowledge
• BASIC automotive knowledge required
• STRONG WORK ETHIC

Contact dave at ([email protected]). See our website at www.laysons.com for more information about our company. Send all resumes over the e-mail via word type format please or fax us at (253) 722-1310 !

This can be an excellent opportunity for long term employment.
Are there really people like this?? I can do all of that but just not all of it at the same time lol When I had my furniture store, I couldn't find anyone that could load and unload furniture let alone move it.

Still looking......

The resumes we have been getting are not that impressive....to say the least....

I'd love to do it, I'm semi-retired, it'd be a cool opportunity for another career "maybe"

I know racing, cars, trucks, 4x4s/jeeps etc.,
also fabrication, alterations & general mechanics, paints body {at a lessor level}
drag racing & corner carving, pro-touring, resto-mods, street/hot rods or
OE Restorations too & the reg. parts business too {albeit it's been a while now}...

I know Mopars, GM Buick Pontiac Olds GMC {albeit been a while},
Ford too, at a much lessor level than Mopar/GM

I worked in or around Automotive {dealerships} industry
my whole adult life directly & indirectly, mostly in construction thou

All my buddies are from the industry too,
one of my best friend is a Parts VP for a large dealership group
I'd go in & help him too, if not for the Union BS...

BUT;
I'm really not willing to move north especially to Washington State,
also I've been self employed for so damn long,
{I don't know if I could take orders from a boss, unless they were an equal}
I doubt you'd want to pay me, what I want too...
If anything & IF I ever do move again,
it will be toward the southwestern desert or possibly high desert
maybe even around Nevada/Reno area {tax benefits}
or Az. Scottsdale preferably etc., but probably the warmer climates,
more not north...

Good luck Rick@Laysons, I can relate...
Because it took me 14 years to get 14 good full time employees,
I had for the following 10-12 years, that showed up on time always & worked hard,
not halve drunk or stoned, or that just expect a pay check, for going thru the motions,
like many do today...
I went thru probably 250, before I had the exact crew I wanted,
thousands of seasonal people & Union lacky's/employees...
I'm glad I don't deal with that crap anymore too...

Last edited:
Good luck Rick@Laysons, I can relate...
Because it took me 14 years to get 14 good full time employees,
I had for the following 10-12 years, that showed up on time always & worked hard,
not halve drunk or stoned, or that just expect a pay check, for going thru the motions,
like many do today...
I went thru probably 250, before I had the exact crew I wanted,
thousands of seasonal people & Union lacky's/employees...
I'm glad I don't deal with that crap anymore too...

Jeez.... I hope we don't have to go thru that many people to find a good one or two.....

But I know exactly what you're saying! Most people think they should get paid for just clocking in in the morning and clocking out at night. Those are the ones that have the phrase "Would you like fries with that?" down to a science...

Jeez.... I hope we don't have to go thru that many people to find a good one or two.....

But I know exactly what you're saying! Most people think they should get paid for just clocking in in the morning and clocking out at night. Those are the ones that have the phrase "Would you like fries with that?" down to a science...
Never did find good help with our furniture store. At the time I was working full time at the refinery and my rear end/engine building business was taking off. My wife was the one running the store and I stayed in the shadows as the grunt doing deliveries etc after I got off from work. The store was paying the bills right off the bat and was producing profit (furniture has a pretty high markup) and things were rocking along pretty good until the oldest started acting out and then we had a rash of non paying renters (we also rented furniture which I didn't care for but brought in 50% of the business....and I was the repo man) and I ended up having to work forced OT at the plant. Not being able to find good dependable help at the store along with family issues plus me liking mechanical stuff much better vs hassling with customers moving furniture around and starting to have back issues, I told the wife that I would be more than happy to sell it. A competitor had knocked on our door twice already and I told her the next time they came knocking, strike up a deal....and that was that.

After I retired, a friend of mine asked me to help him out at his parts store a few days a week. The deal was that he needed somebody dependable to come in and help out whenever someone didn't show up or would just quit without any notice. I was glad to help but I could see what a nightmare it was for him to find qualified people that would show up and work everyday. He wouldn't advertise for help in the paper or online because he would be inundated with unqualified applicants who didn't really want to work anyway. The best employees that we had were older guys that we hired by word of mouth.
I feel for anyone that's trying to hire good help for their business these days. You have to sort through barrels of bad apples in hope of finding one good one. I'm trying to not be too discouraging, but it's just the way it is. Good luck in your search Rick.

Auto Transport Service
Back