• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need guidance. 65 under-dash harness routing

Lelo 500

Local time
12:14 AM
Reaction score
Well, I think I have sorted out where all the wiring goes but it's all just kind of hanging there. 65 Coronet 500. Also, the fuse block looks like it is supposed to mount somewhere which is not clear to me either.
Got the car disassembled with the wiring totally hacked and removed, no K member, front suspension, engine, transmission, and third member. Bought a new under dash harness, engine harness, and front light harness. I think I've got all the other harnesses fingered out with internet and magazine pictures but I can't find anything under the dash. Any help would be much appreciated. Pics to come soon.

This is what I had before the new harnesses.
20200920_091150.jpg

The car.
20200920_091300.jpg

Some photo when I took my 65 coronet apart.

IMG_3944.JPG IMG_3948.JPG IMG_3949.JPG IMG_3950.JPG IMG_3951.JPG

Well, I think I have sorted out where all the wiring goes but it's all just kind of hanging there. 65 Coronet 500. Also, the fuse block looks like it is supposed to mount somewhere which is not clear to me either.
Got the car disassembled with the wiring totally hacked and removed, no K member, front suspension, engine, transmission, and third member. Bought a new under dash harness, engine harness, and front light harness. I think I've got all the other harnesses fingered out with internet and magazine pictures but I can't find anything under the dash. Any help would be much appreciated. Pics to come soon.
The fuse box mounting looks correct and the main harness goes in the welded on, rubber dipped foldable clips on the left rear of the dash frame. They just jump the gap to the bulkhead connector-it's not far. Any extra wiring from the right side is held by the little clips on the bottom channel. Unless you are doing a restoration you can run harnesses any way you wish.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back