• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help, Coronet convertible back seat

pearljam724

Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
I need help removing Coronet convertible back seat, back rest. I have the side panels and bottom out. The back rest is loose at the bottom. What ever is holding it is at the top. I want to be able to remove and paint the flat piece of metal that rests on it and holds the boot. Thanks for any help.

I just finished reupholstering my seats. I did not remove them...but from what I can tell you would remove the bolts pull the bottom to you a bit and push down towards the ground to remove them. It has a clip in the area that appears to go under the crossrail. Can you see it from the trunk area?

I ll look in the trunk. I didn’t see any bolts you can remove.

Bolts are in the seat well. The seat frame has 2 "clips" welded on it that slip under the support to hold it in. If you took out bolts in the seat well...give a bump with your hand pushing it toward the ground...should come loose. If you don't take the bolts out...it won't let it slip down enough to release it...good luck

Auto Transport Service
Back