• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help figuring time

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:04 PM
Reaction score
400/472, 4 speed, Dana 60 with 3:73’s running 275-60-15’s in a 69’ Dart GT. Using Holley Terminator EFI, headers, manual steering, sub frame connectors and I have ac. Just trying to get a ballpark figure of what kind of time it might run. I’m sure I’ll be spinning the street tires for a ways. Any guesstimates?

Street radials, weight around 3500, power is purely a guess 5-550. I’m just looking for guesstimates cause I/we won’t know till I can hit a track.

Wallace racing calculator has ya at 10.96 @ 123 calculated using 3500lb race weight and 525hp.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/et-hp-mph.php

B63A5CEE-4848-4023-A961-21847F9AECE8.png

Wow! That’s a lot better than what I thought it might be. Thanks for the help!

I’d bet mikes estimate is closer given you’ll be on street tires. Get some slicks for that bad boy.

I also estimated on 500....sorry 5.7...:)
Street tires and a 4 spd would take some time to get consistent, I think...BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUNNNN!!!!!!

I might get some Nitto’s and wider rims for track time, until then, it’s radials.

Thanks for looking into it for me guys, I appreciate it!

400/472, 4 speed, Dana 60 with 3:73’s running 275-60-15’s in a 69’ Dart GT. Using Holley Terminator EFI, headers, manual steering, sub frame connectors and I have ac. Just trying to get a ballpark figure of what kind of time it might run. I’m sure I’ll be spinning the street tires for a ways. Any guesstimates?
A LOT depends on your foot / hand shift coordination. Just don't money shift it.

Both the sites mentioned, calculate some 'sporty' results. Either that, or my car is much faster than my butt thinks it is!

Don't take what I'm gonna' say as an insult..

without some sort of traction aids, good shocks, no sway bars etc.
especially on street tires
it wouldn't probably do 11's very easily
especially with a 4 speed

not to say if it really did have that power,
that it couldn't run better, even in the lower 10's
if it is set up properly, good air traction etc., with 550hp it could

tuned properly on a prepped track it may
if it really has 500-550 hp
if it can transfer the weight, hook/bite
& the driver can shift & launch it properly

Best & Wild *** guess
I'd say high 11's at best, that's optimistic,
IMO more like mid 12's as is,
& that's if it's all right, if it can hook sooner than later...

Much of your ET is made in the first 60ft-330ft
MPH is HP, the ET is car set up...

most all those calculators are for race conditions
what if best conditions, good & properly tuned
race prepped car/with slicks, everything done right,
on a prepped track, at sea level, etc.
usually cal. at rear wheel HP too, not gross (but you can figure that in too)

Last edited:
I do have QA1 adjustable shocks at all 4 corners and Assassin Traction bars. The power of the engine is a really good guesstimate as a number of similar engines sporting the same parts that I’m using are 5-550hp.

How are you guys getting any HP numbers without even knowing what heads he has, camshaft specs or even compression ratio? Or did I miss a thread somewhere with all that information?

How are you guys getting any HP numbers without even knowing what heads he has, camshaft specs or even compression ratio? Or did I miss a thread somewhere with all that information?
He told us the estimated horsepower...

power is purely a guess 5-550

Now I get it. Somehow I missed this.

Now I might be wrong but, doesn't that Wallace racing calculator use Rear Wheel HP to estimate the ET not Flywheel HP?
Not to be a downer but he will be in for a big surprise after hearing all the numbers that are being used here and then runs a much slower number

It was a subjective question.... The calculators don't ask for gear, tire diameter, altitude or any other factors that can affect et/mph in other words a guess:)

To be honest, if it runs mid 13’s, I’d be impressed!

Auto Transport Service
Back