• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help finding correct parts

Scotts340

Local time
8:21 AM
Reaction score
I'm working on a 67 plymouth belvedere II with a 383, 727 and 8 3/4 from the factory. Can't find a listing for the correct driveshaft u-joints. Anyone happen to know what the part number is for the factory correct u-joints? The only numbers on the original u-joint is 414 and can't seem to find any info on them.

20210703_115852.jpg

Welcome to FBBO from western NY! Beautiful Belvedere you have there! Be sure to post again in the welcome wagon section so you get the proper welcome your ride deserves.

In response to your question regarding the u-joints, many around here can and will help I’m sure. The first person that comes to mind when I see that car is @Don Frelier.

I don't remember numbers, but any of the bigger parts stores will be able to look that up, if it's all stock. All I can say is it will be the smaller of the 2 sizes available in 67. Also welcome from Alabama.

When I sold parts many years ago, there were two U joints used in these Mopars. Catalogs listed joints with 2-1/8" inside yoke span, and 2-5/8" inside yoke span. Measure what you have, and should be no problem to match the right joint.

The small u-joint 7260 inside clips the larger u-joint is 1330- 3.625" cup size is 1.0625" outside clips. That is assuming it's a 67 driveshaft. 7290 u-joints didn't come out until 1968.

The factory rear yoke does have the seven digit Mopar part number on it, although it may be tough to find and read if there's any axle grunge.
Also, you should be able to download all the factory parts, if you look up the .zip file for the '67's on the MyMopar website;

If it has the heavy inertia ring it's probably a 67 driveshaft.

Auto Transport Service
Back