• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help identifying Big Block 3 piece kickdown parts

dsd1967

Local time
4:39 AM
Reaction score
I just attempted installing a one piece kickdown in a 67 D100 pickup and it hits the firewall. Now I'm attempting to piece together a 3 piece setup from my piles of parts and need some help with some dimensions.

This is for a 400 with a 727

Lower rod - what is the dimension from center to center on the pivot ends
Lower pivot - what is the dimension from the pivot centerline to each rod hole centerline and what is the dimension between rod hole centerlines
Mid rod - what is the dimension from center to center on the pivots
Upper pivot - what is the dimension from the pivot centerline to each rod hole centerline and what is the dimension between rod hole centerlines

I think I have the right lower rod, but I have two lower pivots with slightly different dimensions. On the mid rod, I have a solid rod and one with an adjustable upper pivot....but suspect they may be small block.

If I can identify the pivots and the rod lengths...I can make the rods I need. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

Last edited:
I have a kickdown rod set from an old RV 440 I think it was a 1975 440. If you are interested I can take some pictures.

Thanks guys. I'm working my way through it and think I have the lower and intermediate linikages figured out. About a hundred times under the truck and back out tweaking the linkage. Now to make the carb linkage. I probably should have went with the Lokar setup....but I'm too cheap.

Thanks guys. I'm working my way through it and think I have the lower and intermediate linikages figured out. About a hundred times under the truck and back out tweaking the linkage. Now to make the carb linkage. I probably should have went with the Lokar setup....but I'm too cheap.

Here is a whole thread on kickdown cables..
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/kickdown-throttle-cable.178366/
I think Mr.Gasket has a Lokar style setup for half the price. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...t7s-rE7osj3t2Z0xaQ6o3OS-32dV2Z7xoCgawQAvD_BwE

mrg-5657_xl.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back