• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help Identifying Bucket Seat Tracks

BPBP440

Local time
7:13 AM
Reaction score
I am putting my car back together, 70 Belvedere, and noticed the bucket seat brackets do not match the new floor pan. Looking at the seat tracks, they do not match what I am finding for pics of B-body seat tracks online. Pics here of what I have. 12”x15” mounting pattern, with what might be a homemade adapter plate. Thoughts on what this is. Passenger seat photos.

E7F766C9-B6D7-46B8-9515-D3EBF6042FF0.jpeg 70FF672D-263D-4CE3-8B3A-83D628AB68FB.jpeg 88746484-47B4-4605-957C-CFF511C88995.jpeg A0ED6D01-9BFD-482B-B7F7-D1A40C08156A.jpeg FF6C5C2D-5DD8-4455-9C16-4009623673E5.jpeg

those appear to be 75-77 Cordoba or charger SE tracks. I had set that I was trying to use in my 74 but took some cutting and welding to make them work until I found the right ones.

They are similar to E body tracks but they do not have those big spacers; look very similar.

They are similar to E body tracks but they do not have those big spacers; look very similar.
So maybe they are E-body tracks with spacers to fit the previous B-Body floor pan. One thing to note is that only one track has an “adjustment lock” and the other is free sliding.

mine had a wire from the outside to the inside that would active to unlock both tracks IIRC. so guess those are not what I thought. it's been awhile.

Not all E bodies had the wire I don't believe, my 73 Cuda I don't think had them but my 70 Challenger definitely does. The 70 has latches on both tracks, so a wire is needed to unlock the inside track, however on the 73 it only had a lock on the outside track and the inside was just there. My belief was in 70, the engineers didn't want to take the chance that one lock/latch would keep the seat from sliding forward (or backward) accidentally, however by 73 (perhaps 72 or even 71) they had figured out that one was enough.

Here are the tracks from my old bench seat in my 70 Satty. The bucket seat tracks are very similar.

IMG_6608.JPG
IMG_6609.JPG

If anyone has the height measurements of the inboard and outboard slides/brackets, that would be super helpful. Thanks

If anyone has the height measurements of the inboard and outboard slides/brackets, that would be super helpful. Thanks
If anyone could provide a rough height measurement I’ll fab something up.

I have a complete set of 70 B body tracks here in the Lansing Mi area. PM me for more details. Joe

The bench and bucket are different heights. The bucket driver side will also no fit in. The adjuster arm won’t clear. I know cause I just got bucket tracks in by mistake and can’t fit my bench!!! Ugh

Those outboard tracks kind of look like bench seat tracks.

Auto Transport Service
Back