• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help identifying frame part

pearljam724

Local time
5:48 PM
Reaction score
What is this frame part accurately identified as ? Im referring to the piece the yellow arrow is pointing at. Runs across from 10 to 4 o’clock position in picture with a little hole in the middle. And are these pieces replaceable without cutting the trunk floor out. Same question for the rear frame support piece that goes directly across the tail. Gas filler goes through that center piece.

F4FF276D-96AB-46F4-B0DF-92254EFD325B.jpeg

I guess if you cut off the tabs you see in the lower portion of the pictures you could make them work without cutting the trunk pan. But you will have to drill out the spot welds that hold this in place through the floor pan. Also the tabs are welded into the top of the frame rail in spots. It can be done I guess but would be a pain in the *** to do with the trunk pan in place. Here is mine with trunk pan removed. Mine is a 66 belvedere but they mount the same as 68/70.

IMG_0892.JPG IZCQ4040.JPG SBVR3165.JPG IMG_0890.JPG

Thanks guys. The picture without the trunk pan was nice to see. I only need the little short angled piece. I guess there’s no other option but to buy that complete section ? I have a tiny bit of rot on the driver side angled section only. Not bad, but thinking about what’s involved.

Auto Transport Service
Back