• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need HELP NEAR BLOOMSBURG Penn.

Dodge33

Local time
2:07 AM
Reaction score
Coming home from Carlisle and one of the belts came off and took all the belts out, tore up the transmission lines etc. need a ride to parts store. with the 24 foot enclosed trailer makes it impossible to get a tow without leaving the trailer here. no on that.

That sucks...

I hope someone sees this or sees you on the side of the hwy, stops
helps &/or comes to your aide or rescue...

Good luck

Sorry, I'm too far away to help. Maybe get an Uber to pick up parts from close by parts store. Call ahead and find your parts, pre pay an Uber to bring them out to you. Just a thought hope it all works out for you.

wow, that really sucks.
I'm about 200 miles away so not too sure what help I could be.
Best of luck for a speedy remedy from somebody closer to you.

Thanks for your responses.... but I will say this, when people like you post to a thread like here, it does
give you some hope tho. We contacted a well known wrecker service in the Danville, Pa area, after calling
the police for some assistance. Right this minute, I don't recall the name of the tow service... but I will post it
here, as soon as I find the info. Anyways, called this guy, said he would be there in 15 mins, and he was there
before 15 minutes, and we talked for few, (they call him Cubby) this guy was cool .... and he gave my brother
a ride to the only auto store, which was the Auto Zone, bought 4 V- belts just to be sure, ( 84 Ford Van 472
cubes, two p/s belts and one alt belt, the p/s belts were correct, alt 2 of the belts were wrong, so called him back,
he came back down to us, after going back to the auto parts, bought a few more longer alt belts, and still
to short, (this is 10pm mind you) so I got to thinking about an a/c unit I sold at Carlisle, and I had thrown
the used belts in the trailer ...and low and behold, the Chrysler p/s belt off a 318 motor worked!!!!! Whew!!
Man, were we very happy about that. Cubby 52 yo, the wrecker owner, what a hell of a guy as he was telling my
brother about his life growing up, as he drove by his house or mansion, which he said was worth 1.5 million,
and my bro said it was all that. His father started the wrecker bizz years ago, father was a 4 star general
in the military, but loved his business also. Cubby was a military guy also, and served two tours of duty
in Iraq, being shot in the head both times, and was brought back to good health... thank god for him!!
Also worked as a police officer in two different precincts, serves 6 counties around him for wrecker duty,
and is also the head township supervisor in the area. Of course, it is legal to carry out there, has a
45 cal on a lower leg belt for protection! Thank you Cubby for everthing! Never enough people like
this out in the world!

good on Cubby, :thumbsup:
glad you got it handled too...

Thanks for your responses.... but I will say this, when people like you post to a thread like here, it does
give you some hope tho. We contacted a well known wrecker service in the Danville, Pa area, after calling
the police for some assistance. Right this minute, I don't recall the name of the tow service... but I will post it
here, as soon as I find the info. Anyways, called this guy, said he would be there in 15 mins, and he was there
before 15 minutes, and we talked for few, (they call him Cubby) this guy was cool .... and he gave my brother
a ride to the only auto store, which was the Auto Zone, bought 4 V- belts just to be sure, ( 84 Ford Van 472
cubes, two p/s belts and one alt belt, the p/s belts were correct, alt 2 of the belts were wrong, so called him back,
he came back down to us, after going back to the auto parts, bought a few more longer alt belts, and still
to short, (this is 10pm mind you) so I got to thinking about an a/c unit I sold at Carlisle, and I had thrown
the used belts in the trailer ...and low and behold, the Chrysler p/s belt off a 318 motor worked!!!!! Whew!!
Man, were we very happy about that. Cubby 52 yo, the wrecker owner, what a hell of a guy as he was telling my
brother about his life growing up, as he drove by his house or mansion, which he said was worth 1.5 million,
and my bro said it was all that. His father started the wrecker bizz years ago, father was a 4 star general
in the military, but loved his business also. Cubby was a military guy also, and served two tours of duty
in Iraq, being shot in the head both times, and was brought back to good health... thank god for him!!
Also worked as a police officer in two different precincts, serves 6 counties around him for wrecker duty,
and is also the head township supervisor in the area. Of course, it is legal to carry out there, has a
45 cal on a lower leg belt for protection! Thank you Cubby for everthing! Never enough people like
this out in the world!
Good to hear. There are still good people out there. Glad you found one.

Auto Transport Service
Back