• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Need help to place value on engine parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jprather

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:07 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not sure if I can even ask this here, if not, please delete..

i have some goodies from my engine that i want to sell, but have no idea how to to value them, they have maybe 1500 miles on them, I decided to ditch the 400 and have a 440 built.. now i have several items that a will not used.. these were installed , but have less than 1500 miles on them.. can anyone give me any advise ??

915 closed chambered heads, just redone and big valves installed
comp cams K21-600-5 - cam and valve train system ( cam, lifters, springs, timing gear and chain )
msd - billet distributor
4 bbl intake
summit 750 4bbl carb

I know I am not supposed to post with out a price, but, i have no idea where to start

Last edited:
Not sure if I can even ask this here, if not, please delete..

i have some goodies from my engine that i want to sell, but have no idea how to to value them, they have maybe 1500 miles on them, I decided to ditch the 400 and have a 440 built.. now i have several items that a will not used.. these were installed , but have less than 1500 miles on them.. can anyone give me any advise ??

915 closed chambered heads, just redone and big valves installed
comp cams K21-600-5 - cam and valve train system ( cam, lifters, push rods, springs, timing gear and chain )
msd - billet distributor
4 bbl intake
summit 750 4bbl carb

I know I am not supposed to post with out a price, but, i have no idea where to start
I have placed this in General so that members can help out with suggested pricing. You can place an advert when you are happy with the feedback, and we'll delete this thread.

I have placed this in General so that members can help out with suggested pricing. You can place an advert when you are happy with the feedback, and we'll delete this thread.
thank you for the assist!

If you purchased all of these items and you had the work done on the heads, then I would look at each item and what you have into it and price accordingly.

Being slightly used, you'll take a bit of a hit on price.

If you purchased all of these items and you had the work done on the heads, then I would look at each item and what you have into it and price accordingly.

Being slightly used, you'll take a bit of a hit on price.
can I send you a pm??

what is it you're trying to build ?
what is the end game/use ?
I know you said a 440cid RB I assume...

you could build the 400 B block (low-deck) up with a 440 crank
mains turned on the crank to B-spec. & counterweights turned down
there's plenty of great kits out there
get 451+ cid, still use a bulk of the Low-deck 400 parts

the 400 B-series block is one of the best for performance builds
for a stock OE block
it has the strongest main bearing saddles/webbing reinforcements

good luck with the sale...

i ended up going with Joe @ elite driveline in Melbourne, fl for a complete 440 built, I would have used my heads on this, but, with my heads .. no warranty on the new build.. he is dropping if off to me sat morning.. so i will crate up the 400 with OE heads, intake , etc back on it. .. eventually might rebuilt,it is #'s matching to my car. so i want to hang on to it.

I wouldn't price your items, as I might have an interest in the heads. Before the bigger valves were they stock HP 915 heads, or non-HP? Any port work? If you come up with a reasonable price I'm interested.

Glad to hear you are getting your engine.

Did you put hardened seats in those 915 heads?

What intake do you have?

Glad to hear you are getting your engine.

Did you put hardened seats in those 915 heads?

What intake do you have?
if you can , stop by Galaxie, talk to Chris, all parts are over there still he can give you the scoop on all, as he did all the work !

ok, the intake is a weiand 8008 . the heads are casting #2780915-6 ( should be a 1967 HP casting ), the carb is summit 2008 series 08750VS

best i can figure I have invested..
heads - 275.00 + 600.00 @ machine shop i believe they are 1.64 and 2.14 valves 1967 HP
cam kit 500.00 ( cam, lifters, pushrods, valve springs, double roller timing chain and gears )
intake - 200.00
carb - 300.00
Msd billet dist - 325.00
total 2200.00
that being said , they are now used.. would love to find some one to take all off my hands at a deep discount

Last edited:
anyone want to make me an offer of 1200.00 for all?? that's half price.. all have less than 1500 miles on them ..i have almost 1000.00 in heads alone.
1967 915 HP heads - just redone w/larger valves - casting #2780915-6
Summit 2008 08750VS 750 carb with elec choke
comp cams K21-600-5 - cam and valve train system ( cam, lifters, springs, timing gear and chain ) springs already installed on heads
MSD Billet distributor ( fits 383 /400 ) part # MSD-8545

would really like to sell as a pretty much complete top end for a 383/400

Mods, do we need to move this to for sale forum??

Thread moved to FOR SALE - please keep commentary limited to actual good advice on pricing as requested by OP ....no idle chit-chat or flaming will be tolerated.
Thanks. :thumbsup:

Kiwigtw-- thank you for your assistance !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back