• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need help with placing the factory tac wires

moparjohnny

Local time
9:16 AM
Reaction score
for a standard dash, i see the blue wire with flat prong it goes on fuse box,the other end of blue wire with rubber elbow i have no idea,the red wire i do not know where it goes,the gray wire goes to thru the fire wall.i do not see a ground wire,sould there be a ground?thanks
IMG_0585.JPG

Last edited:
The orange wire with a 'bullet' plug goes to the spare port (socket) on a 3-way outlet for your dash lighting - to be found somewhere behind your ashtray area.

There maybe another 3-way for dash lighting closer to the Tach itself.

Are you talking about what my finger is holding or the other end?
Show a pic of the other end of your gray wire.

Are you talking about what my finger is holding or the other end?
Show a pic of the other end of your gray wire.
no, the red stripe gray wire where you have a black clip bolted a terminal,i do not have that clip,where to get it.

I will have to check when I get home. At work right now.

Justin, you are correct on what it is. From the last post, I think he wants to know where to get the clip???

Moparjohnny, isn't it with your wireharness?

That wire goes in the fire wall and then you have to buy another one that connects from that to the coil.

Justin, you are correct on what it is. From the last post, I think he wants to know where to get the clip???

Moparjohnny, isn't it with your wireharness?

That wire goes in the fire wall and then you have to buy another one that connects from that to the coil.
Ohhh I see now thanks for that....If he needs the male metal clip on the tach I may have one......The black clip I may have one as well.

Heck, I may even have a spare harness.....

Ohhh I see now thanks for that....If he needs the male metal clip on the tach I may have one......The black clip I may have one as well.

i have both harness just need to know where i can buy the clip to attach to rear of tac. and to find out how big to drill hole for firewall,and what size bulb for the socket. this is for a repro tac from year one. thanks

Try to get in touch with Justin to see if he can drop one in the mail,

justin do you have one of these clips i did not get a clip for rear of tac to connect the gray wire, see pics below. i will pay you for it and shipping if you have one. see below. thanks
tac.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back