• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help with rallye wheel sizes for my 73 Roadrunner

Jacks_Runner

Local time
2:02 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if 15 inch rallyes were used on 73 Roadrunners? The owners manual shows G60 15 as optional but not sure if it was available on RR. My build sheet shows G70 14s. I want to use G60 15 Bias plys for stock look even if they were not available as optional.I found a set of 15 x 6.5 wheels and need to know if these would be correct to use with G60 15's or should I be looking for 15 x 7's? Thanks

Not real sure if it was optional on the RR or Satellite, I believe most came with 14's. On my 73, I am using 15x8 with 4.5 backspace on all 4, rear tires are taller, 255/60's fronts are 235/60's. I really wanted 15x10 on the back but that is just too wide, so now I am sitting on a set of 15x10 with 5.5 back space Rallye Wheels that are new. Consider also your tire size and allow for sidewall bulge as that's what got me thinking I could fit these 15x10s, and with no tires mounted, thought it would be ok, but once the tires were on, I only had 1/4 inch clearance to the leaf spring. Also, I would have had problems with rub on the upper wheel well on the quarter panel.

Auto Transport Service
Back