• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need help with window parts / channels

mopardave100

Local time
7:45 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone post pictures of how the channels and windows connect? I am trying to replace all window parts and trim but have no guide. I don't need info on vent frame or glass. everything after that though. Also are the main window edge trim pieces glued to glass?

Well, maybe you do need some information on the vent window frame (?) The side glass window run channels are attached to the side glass & slide up/down inside the rear vent window frame....or maybe I misunderstand you.

Yes, the glass stainless "edges" are glued onto the glass.

Go to the website www.mymopar.com and view the particular parts manual and service manual for the particular year model and body type in question. Other than that, there are various postings on a variety of different forums about the process and the task.

Go to the website www.mymopar.com and view the particular parts manual and service manual for the particular year model and body type in question. Other than that, there are various postings on a variety of different forums about the process and the task.

I have a service manual. It has very little info on assembly

You can take the side window + vent window frame (& vent glass) out at the same time OR separately.

The vent window frame is held in by 1 bolt / 1 nut near the door jamb behind some plastic plugs about 1" diameter. There's also another nut, along the same door jamb, about 1/2 way down. Dramatically loosen all of these. Also loosen two nuts inside door jamb near top hinge. Lastly, remove the tiny little plug in the upper door frame & loosen the allen wrench bolt behind it. Roll the side window down & lift up/back on the vent frame & it will slide up/out. Note that the side window channel felts have to slide out the bottom of the rear vent window frame. Then, the side glass just comes up/out after you remove the plastic, locking "push pin".

If you pull the side glass first, then you have to remove the rubber corner at the top of the vent window (one screw) AND remove the screw directly beneath it that holds the top of the vent window frame together. This allows enough play that you can pull the back of the vent window frame back to allow the side glass channel felt to slip up/out.

Auto Transport Service
Back