• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help

old-school

Local time
9:28 PM
Reaction score
Have a family member with a 1967 Dodge Coronet R/T. Because of medical issues he will never drive again. Car has been sitting in his garage for 30+ years without being touched. He wants to sell it for $15,000. My question for you guys is $15,000 too much for a car that has been sitting for that long? I want to help him but don't want to waste time trying the impossible.

20201014_113434.jpg 20201014_113411.jpg 20201014_112833.jpg 20201014_112744.jpg 20201014_112733.jpg

It all depends on the condition. If it’s a solid and complete car and wouldn’t take much to get it on the road that’s a fair price. Pics would go a long way here to help
with the value assessment.

judging from those pics if it’s not full of filler or rust that price would be a deal.
The interior looks really good and looks like it possibly may have the original paint.

So are you considering buying the car or just wanting to help him sell it? I’d make the trip to come look at it if it’s the latter.

I talked with him today. I didn't crawl under the car but he claims it is solid. Has extra parts to go with it. Motor is a 440 with about 500 miles. Was rebuilt. Said break in oil is still in it. PM me and I will give his email address. I will leave it up to him to give his phone number.

I am just trying to help sell it. He also has a clean 41 dodge sedan for sale and a 2004 dodge rumble bee with 12,000 miles. Just trying to help family. That's what we do in the car world.

if solid and matching numbers bb and ac :thumbsup: you can get 15 for it

that looks like a really nice clean original car I'd get it road ready & just a good detail then you would have a really great car.

I will try to get more plctures and information this weekend and post everything.

So are you considering buying the car or just wanting to help him sell it? I’d make the trip to come look at it if it’s the latter.
You'd best be picking me up on the way. :)
My favorite year Coronet R/T right there. Seriously, love the '67 GTX and R/T.
Is it worth $15k? All dang day if it isn't eaten up underneath...
but what is that apparatus on it that looks like some sort of fishing pole rig?

You'd best be picking me up on the way. :)
My favorite year Coronet R/T right there. Seriously, love the '67 GTX and R/T.
Is it worth $15k? All dang day if it isn't eaten up underneath...
but what is that apparatus on it that looks like some sort of fishing pole rig?
If I was as close as you guys are to this car, I would be making the road trip. Nice color. Does it have the fender tag and cert card?

Fender tag yes. Cert card no. He said Fender tag shows w23 if I understood correctly. Will go over this weekend and get more information and pictures to post.

Just got off the phone with William who owns the rt. It is a numbers matching car. Motor was rebuild in 1987. 30 over 10/10 crank. Will get more pictures tomorrow and post them.

Just got off the phone with William who owns the rt. It is a numbers matching car. Motor was rebuild in 1987. 30 over 10/10 crank. Will get more pictures tomorrow and post them.
Great to know that it is original engine, but matching numbers didn't happen until 68. One has to determine originality by date codes and build date. It's easier with cars that have not had numerous owners and the current owner has good knowledge of the history. Thanks for the update.

Auto Transport Service
Back