• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need ideas about my brake issues

Rocketman

Local time
9:14 AM
Reaction score
Back in early April I notice my MC was leaking and had already ruined paint on fender below. I ordered a new reman MC and still the fluid came out top, so I replace the booster with a MC/booster combo from Right Stuff through Summit. Well that set up never worked even after adding a CVR vacuum pump as Right Stuff suggested.

Right Stuff then said that there set up would probably never work on a car that already had power brakes so this combo is boxed up ready to be sent back to Summit for a refund.

Put the bendix style booster from Pirate Jacks on this morning and put the new master cyclinder on from before and WOW I have the best brakes I have had since owning the car, BUT I still have fluid coming out left side of lid on the master cylinder meaning I will be wiping it down all the time and losing more fender paint.

Any ideas what is causing this now that everything is new up top?

Are you over filling it?

So - your old MC leaked and your rebuilt MC leaked?

And you have a new booster? Any fittings leaking? Or are you simply overfilling it?

check front flex lines. could be expanding when brakes applied. cheap fix

I had a little leak from the cover a few years back and I bent the wire that holds the cover so it put more pressure on it and it never leaked since.
When I first saw the leak I thought it was the master leaking, but after several times cleaning and rechecking it was just the cover.

Maybe bad castings top of the mc where the seal goes, it isn't flat possibly,
it happens ever so often

or putting too much fluid in with a bad seal & a non-straight MC casting possibly

my best guesses so far

I think what 69roadr was referring to,
is the rubber flex brake lines,
that attach at the calipers for disc or to the wheel cylinders for drums
not the hard lines at the mc

I think what 69roadr was referring to,
is the rubber flex brake lines,
that attach at the calipers for disc or to the wheel cylinders for drums
not the hard lines at the mc
^^^^
that.
i had problems with my m/c too. i would remove the cap and brake fluid would pour out. put new m/c on and new rubber flex lines and no more problems.

I had the same problem, mine ended up being a hole in the seal. You'll have to stretch the rubber to find a hole.

Im sure the new masters come with seal and lid so I doubt they are all leaking.

Im also sure you have rubber flex lines at your calipers or drums in the front. Check those.

Auto Transport Service
Back