• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need pic of 73 pass side brake line routing

YY1

Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
I'm working with new SS lines.

Factory PDB.

I got the driver side on OK, but still needs a little fine tuning.

The pass side seems too long, and I'm not real clear on where it's supposed to come up from the K frame to the inner fender and then the firewall.

I thought I'd seen pics on here but I've searched and can't find them.

Thanks in advance.

These should help

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Awesome- thanks.

For some reason I thought it might come up in that gap right behind the wheel well/shock tower.

No problem. I got my tranny and engine bay cleaned out, so pics are easy right now.

Hate to trouble you again, but I can't figure out if the line goes through or under the prop valve bracket.

Under makes the line hit the bracket, through makes it very difficult to thread the fitting in.
IMG_20160805_120625.jpg
IMG_20160805_120646.jpg

...also, how far back does it go on the pass side frame rail before it kicks up?
It's really long and the bends make it fit awkwardly. I already put an additional bend right above where the spring stops, and that has helped some.

Mine went under
IMAG1487.jpg

Here si the original lines before restoration as you can see the new lines in pic above follow the same path.
DSC04329.JPG

...also, how far back does it go on the pass side frame rail before it kicks up?
It's really long and the bends make it fit awkwardly. I already put an additional bend right above where the spring stops, and that has helped some.
Kind of hard to see, but my line goes pretty much all the way back. On the section with the spring wrap, there are two clips that hold it to the frame rail.
IMAG1518.jpg

That's an awfully sharp bend to the prop valve.

The bend on the Right Stuff lines wasn't nearly that sharp. and I even had to put more bend in it in two directions to get it to even start the threads.

Over all though, they are workable and look right, and am glad I spent the $108 and didn't have to do all those bends under the frame rails my self.

As long as you don't kink it and have a nice round bend, its not an issue. Like I said, mine in the pictures above shows how it was before restoration and the new lines after restoration had the same bend.

I think I only have pictures before the restoration, let me know if you want them, I can post unless someone has some better shots

Auto Transport Service
Back