• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Pics of '62-'63 Roof Rail Seals

khryslerkid

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:36 AM
Reaction score
I'm installing the rubber roof rail seal on the '62 and I'm needing a couple of good pictures of exactly what it suppose to look like after the installation. My original was way too deteriorated to tell what was what. 1963 should be the same also.
20180302_172619.jpg

I'm seeing on the new seal that there are two different designs or profiles molded together. So I place the seal where the joint starts, centered at the two windows. This has the pointed front of the seal about two inches foward from the original location.
20180302_180525.jpg

Now does the seal at the rear quarter window suppose to fit over the glass like this?
20180302_180512.jpg

Or behind the glass like this? I can make it work either way.
20180303_105930.jpg

I'm also wanting to see what things suppose to look like just above the door handle where everything comes together with the quarter window seal.
20180303_141337.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've read about these seals not being exactly correct but I'm thinking the ones I have can be modified enough to do the job. TIA

Last edited:
Here are the best pics I can give right now. Maybe you can blow these up. Working today so will take more when I get home.

IMG_0922.JPG
RearWheelFitment.jpg
Polara2.jpg

Here are the best pics I can give right now. Maybe you can blow these up. Working today so will take more when I get home.

View attachment 577959 View attachment 577960 View attachment 577961

Thanks Craig. I think I've got it figured out.

The way it works best is to have the rubber behind the glass. What had me guessing is the fact that they joined two different profile pieces together. As far as I can tell, the factory used all one profile from front to back. These aftermarket places can drive you crazy! When you get home could you just look at yours and verify if it's behind the glass like this.
20180303_135231.jpg

When you roll the window up, it sort of slides along the glass and wedges itself in place to form the seal.
20180303_135721.jpg

Last edited:
Sure wish I could help, But I'm off to the Beach. Enjoying my 63

20151209_112401.jpg

I'm installing the rubber roof rail seal on the '62 and I'm needing a couple of good pictures of exactly what it suppose to look like after the installation. My original was way too deteriorated to tell what was what. 1963 should be the same also.
View attachment 577926

I'm seeing on the new seal that there are two different designs or profiles molded together. So I place the seal where the joint starts, centered at the two windows. This has the pointed front of the seal about two inches foward from the original location.
View attachment 577924

Now does the seal at the rear quarter window suppose to fit over the glass like this?
View attachment 577925

Or behind the glass like this? I can make it work either way.
View attachment 577954

I'm also wanting to see what things suppose to look like just above the door handle where everything comes together with the quarter window seal.
View attachment 578013

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've read about these seals not being exactly correct but I'm thinking the ones I have can be modified enough to do the job. TIA
My original went over the glass on the outside. We will be installing new roof rail soon when we recieve it! I will be interested in how it works for us! (62 Fury)

KK. Your welcome to come on over and you can look at my 62. Pretty sure the seals are original still.

My original went over the glass on the outside. We will be installing new roof rail soon when we recieve it! I will be interested in how it works for us! (62 Fury)
After hearing what you said I checked into what was on mine a little harder. Looking through all of my pics, one or two do show what was left of the seal on the outside.
20180304_111313.jpg

Looking at one of the original seals it appears to have a more definitive mark to where the glass was.
Screenshot_2018-03-04-11-27-56.jpg

KK. Your welcome to come on over and you can look at my 62. Pretty sure the seals are original still.
Thanks for the invite MW. I think I'm going with the seal on the outside. It's so easy to make it work either way with this aftermarket one. It's not made where it is obvious as to which way is correct. What I'm seeing is that it's not as tall as the original.
One day we must get together. You have a great looking car and I would like to see it in person!

Auto Transport Service
Back