• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some brake help 73 Satellite

RonP

Local time
5:40 PM
Reaction score
hey guys, here is what I have.

One of the last things I need to do with this satellite before motor and trans is brakes.

This car was a power brake car as I remember that clearly back when my dad had it. Well at some point he got rid of the booster. I was looking at some pre-teardown pics and it looks like he just moved it back to the firewall. There was some kind of plate there.

to make matters worse, when I got it back from paint, I don't even have that plate. just the old master cylinder and a couple lines running to the proportioning valve.

So my questions are:

can I just stay with manual brakes? should it be a different MC than the PB one?

where can I find that plate?

is the proportioning valve the same for both?

should I just get a new MCand booster and put it back to PB?

The car is getting a 493 and will be all street friendly. Not sure on the cam yet, but nothing crazy.

also, the brake pedal has that rubber according thing still on it and the rod. Are the rods the same?

just need to get on the right path and get it done.

Thanks guys

Auto Transport Service
Back