• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need some help with pulleys

BeatersRus

Local time
6:35 PM
Reaction score
put a 383 into my buddies car,a 66 dodge charger,
hes removed the air conditioning and now is at the o **** point,with no pulleys that work/line up.

i vaguely recall a double groove pulley on the waterpump?
from doing this same swap years ago.
he has power steering and alternator.

if anyone can direct us to the Correct Crank pulley and the Water pump pulley,
that would be Greatly appreciated.
even better if you have Ps and Alt Belt numbers too,as hell most deffo need those too.
cheers,Rob.

Please go to this site for your pulley info: http://bouchillonperformance.com/
Do not cheap out on pulley's especially when you run high rpm's. This is particularly true of welded stacked pulley's. Most suppliers will give you the max safe rpm that their product can run at. I use a double water pump pulley and a double alternator pulley and both run off the same pair of belts. My power steering pump runs off a separate groove on the crank pulley but the width of the groove is more for a "B" belt than an "A" belt. Pay close attention for the crank pulley to "twining" of grooves, diameter of the individual pulleys in a "stacked" configuration and width of the grooves. The place mentioned above will make sure you get the right stuff the first time.

okay,imma try again.
does anyone know what the part numbers are for the STOCK pulleys for a 383 power steering non ac car Are??

not bouchilion altho i thank you for that info.
also wed prefer to go back stock and not a rig ie bottom crank pulley belts.

Auto Transport Service
Back