• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Tire Brand Suggestions

The Rebel

Local time
5:33 AM
Reaction score
Looking to get a new set of tires in the future so need to begin the search. I know my car left the factory with 7.35 x 14 WSW.

All 4 tires I have on now are BFG Radial T/A: P225/70R14 98S M+S. I'm going to stick with this size but looking to see what's out there that would resemble what the tires looked like when it left the factory visually. I'll be sticking with Radials as well.

I used to know but can't remember what brand was used at the factory.

Thanks in advance guys!
20190406_171620.jpg

Can't help you with or replicas that are radial except from Coker.
A good tire are Cooper's, last 3 sets I've bought have been Coops. Love them and don't worry about my wife and daughter driving in the rain with them.

Diamond Back Radials. Put redlines on that beautiful ride if you want it to look factory :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. Just did some playing around, not too shabby!
20190406_171620.jpg

If I recall correctly Diamond Back has BF Goodrich and Cooper available for redlines. Call them. Love your ride.

Thanks guys. Do the bias look radial's drive/feel different than the ones I have? I'm guessing not as they're a radial tire but the tread pattern is based off a bias.

I've had the Firestone red line radials on my GTX for three years, and can't tell any difference from the BFG radial T/A's I had before. Not by plan, this includes driving in the rain, the car makes annual trek to the Chrysler Nationals, never trailered.

IMG_0086.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back