• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need to pull driver side power window regulator

David Kosin

Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
I need some pointers pulling the driver side power window regulator. Have it loose, but can’t seem to get the motor past the front side window post.

any direction would help. Photos would be great.

Take the motor off and remove, then remove the regulator.

This is where I’m at.

image.jpg

Yes, you have to respect that spring. You can wedge the window in place if it is up to keep the regulator from unwinding on you. As you are trying to remove what's already in there is a little different as the one I have been doing had been converted to manual before I got it. I hate windows, manual or power, they're just a pain in the butt. It has taken 2 of us to acomplish a lot of this in spaces that only one person can fit.

I was told can’t be done without the coil unwinding with a lot of finger breaking force.

Been there years ago, didn't break my finger but I lost allot of blood... Try unbolting the bottom track support & flexing the track...

Remove the wing window frame and door glass. Then take it out the large opening in the center of the door.

It’s not made to come out that small front hole,on,the door.

Leaving the motor on the regulator will be much safer.

Ok. I think the Dodge Brothers had my back. While playing with it, I saw that there is a sweet spot where the armature lines up between two holes in the gear of the regulator. If you put two bolts in the top and bottom, above and below the armature, it should hold the coil in place while I remove the motor. Started raining so I don’t have pics. But will get back at it as soon as life allows.

Auto Transport Service
Back