• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need to repair a 73 grill section-Need your recommendations

dodge1972

Local time
12:16 AM
Reaction score
Years ago I repaired several e-body grills. As I recall, its takes a special adhesive to bond the plastic together. I've checked Eastwood web sites, the repair kits might be the answer but I need your recommendations before I start pieces several grills to make repairs. I'm interested in tool types and a sources and and adhesive types to do it right. Thanks for your help

Robert

I've seen a few used, I talked to a guy that restored grills and he suggested plastic weld which is just epoxy. When I restored my Charger grill I used both the Permatex and Loctite brands and had a lot of repairs to do, I've got over 6,000 miles on the restoration with no issues. Hunt Elk (a member here) used a rod that you melt welding the plastic together and CDR (another member) made his own paste melting ABS with acetone (I think), both had good results so you could shoot them a P.M.

I have had good luck with JB Weld but be aware it is gray and not clear. This is not a problem if you have to paint the grill. The surface needs to be clean and then sand with a coarse grit to give the epoxy a place to bond to. I use rubbing alcohol for a final clean before and after sanding. Here is a site for professional products. Good luck.
http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/searchnxt.aspx?keywords=plastic+repair

Auto Transport Service
Back