• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need to ship a 1971 GTX from Lloydminster AB to Windsor ON.

Gary Masse

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:55 PM
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions to ship a car in an enclosed trailer that I just purchased. I did contract a good company to ship it but their west bound load got cancelled and they do not have anything on the Schedule now. I am losing my indoor storage there and need to get it home. Is there such a thing of a one way enclosed car trailer that I can rent? Thanks

I recently looked all over in the states to rent an enclosed trailer, with no luck.
I used U Ship, they offer services in the states and CA. Fill out the info on line and wait for quotes to come in. Be patient, A few quotes were high, then a low quote came in, so I agreed to it. Then, an even lower quote was offered last minute (but i was committed).
The point is, there are guys hauling stuff and if theyre going your way, they want to maximize their trip.
Also may also want to try Canadacarshipping aka ShipLux.
Good luck
Potts

Tfx I think is big Canadian transport company with good reputation ....?..... maybe some one here has used them and can offer insight ?

I used Thorson’s when got mine shipped and they sublet it to Boychuck’s out of Edmonton.

I went the opposite direction, Toronto to Edmonton with Thorsons. Great service.

TFX is a great company, The company that I hired now has a truck heading out that way now, leaving Thursday. Could not find a trailer. Wish me luck!

I might be needing to get a car moved across Canada soon, could you let me know who you went with and how your experience was, it was in an enclosed trailer I assume?

Auto Transport Service
Back