• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need wiper arm lock clips for a 73....wth.....

bandit67

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:43 PM
Reaction score
Guys, when pulling my firewall down for repaint I found the wiper motor connecting rods laying in the cowl. Seems all the clips where either removed or rotted and gone. Year One has what I think I need but they are $12 EACH....for a small plastic clip !!!!! No way....my local auto HELP rack has nothing.....is there a replacement clip available at a decent rate...thanks...

The retainer bushings?

Try a different parts store.

Advance had mine.

IIRC it was about $10 for the pack and it had 2 in it that worked for mine.

No Advance in my new po dunk town, but if anyone has a Dorman number......would awesome.....thanks....

I think I have those clips. Do you have a pic of what you need?

Year One blows.

Rock Auto has the good Mopar ones.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/mopar,3799089,wiper+linkage+bushing,10717

Or are you talking about the little clip on the drivers side arm? Like pictured?

IMG_0472.JPG

I do not have an old clip that I need. When I pulled the plastic screen to begin removing the linkage I found the both arms just laying in the cowl. I guess the arms stopped working and a PO removed and either just left it all unhooked or began looking for the correct clips. My connecting arms have a round hole with a small slot. My auto parts guy did find a Dorman part that LOOKS correct but says for 1974 thru 86 Chryslers......so still not sure want is exactly needed.....thanks ....

When I went to Rock and pulled up washer and parts for a 73 Charger, no bushing were listed. But , not like your pic, my arms are like flat, stamped with just a hole punched in each end. I will try to post a pic today....thanks...

Well here's some pics of what I have. Removed from a 1973 B Body. Looks like "C" clips were used to secure the linkage arms to the pivot points. That is IF that's what you're talking about.

IMG-20200517-153858426.jpg

IMG-20200517-153910971.jpg

IMG-20200517-153915857-HDR.jpg

IMG-20200517-153928322.jpg

IMG-20200517-153932189.jpg

Well here's some pics of what I have. Removed from a 1973 B Body. Looks like "C" clips were used to secure the linkage arms to the pivot points. That is IF that's what you're talking about.

Someone messed with that linkage, they should be like these.

IMG_0478.JPG
IMG_0479.JPG

Thanks all for the info . I finally got to looking in my setup and found one partial plastic bushing still attached. I got the Dorman ,part # 49440, which states for 74 thru 88 Dodge/Chrysler and was able to squeeze them into the arms and then pop that onto the hub nubs. Feels kinda tight but is secure for sure. Now if I can just figure out which two of the four terminals to jump out , I wish to see if the two speed wiper motor is working the hubs/arms easily and correctly. I found NO evidence of metal C clips were used....but since all was laying in the cowl....not sure what was done prioer to me getting there....

Yeah, those are the ones I used on my old 74 Charger. Also on my 78 AND my 93 Dodge trucks. Wonder why the catalog just said up to 88? Anyway, I think the metal clips were used on earlier cars. I wonder if they lasted until 73?

Auto Transport Service
Back