• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Needing some FiTech/Fuel Pump help!

vita

Local time
7:59 PM
Reaction score
Starting to price out an in-tank setup for the 1200+hp dual fitech I'm running. Going through tanks inc, placed what I thought I'd need. I know I need to run a relay as well (not sure which one), but, what else am I missing?

Also, would I need to run an external regulator before it hits the FiTechs?

prd_lg_701.jpg

ST98
1968-70 Charger & Coronet Fuel Tank Straps Only
$35.00 $35.00

prd_lg_484.jpg

TCR9A-T
1968-70 Dodge Charger Fuel Injection Gas Tank Only
$250.00 $250.00

SL24
Sold Each / 24 inch Strap Liner Only
$5.00 $10.00
prd_lg_599.jpg

RLYFP
Fuel Pump Relay and Wiring Kit Only
$39.00 $39.00
prd_lg_276.jpg

TAN-ORG
Fuel Tank Sending Unit Early Ford & Mopar Type 5 Hole Design - 73-10 Ohms Only
$35.00 $35.00
prd_lg_605.jpg

GPA-9
High Performance Hellcat Fuel Pump Module - 450 Liters Per Hour

upload_2020-4-20_3-46-57.png

Last edited:
The fitech regulates voltage to the fuel pump so a relay would not be needed. I did run a relay on my race car so it works either way but I did have a regulator.

I would check with fitech to see if it will run that pump for sure.

Starting to price out an in-tank setup for the 1200+hp dual fitech I'm running. Going through tanks inc, placed what I thought I'd need. I know I need to run a relay as well (not sure which one), but, what else am I missing?

Also, would I need to run an external regulator before it hits the FiTechs?

View attachment 938943
ST98
1968-70 Charger & Coronet Fuel Tank Straps Only
$35.00 $35.00

View attachment 938939
TCR9A-T
1968-70 Dodge Charger Fuel Injection Gas Tank Only
$250.00 $250.00

SL24
Sold Each / 24 inch Strap Liner Only
$5.00 $10.00
View attachment 938940
RLYFP
Fuel Pump Relay and Wiring Kit Only
$39.00 $39.00
View attachment 938941
TAN-ORG
Fuel Tank Sending Unit Early Ford & Mopar Type 5 Hole Design - 73-10 Ohms Only
$35.00 $35.00
View attachment 938942
GPA-9
High Performance Hellcat Fuel Pump Module - 450 Liters Per Hour

View attachment 938938
It all depends how many amps the pump pulls. If the pump draws more than 10 amps you'll need to add a relay.

IMO:
Tanksinc tank and sending unit, yes.
Tanksinc fuel pump, no. NPT fittings suck.

At the time I did mine, the Hyperfuel in tank pump didn't fit the Tanksinc tank ring, so I drilled it bigger and used the pump mounting ring.
I believe now you can get a Hyperfuel pump that fits the Tanksinc ring.

Hyperfuel has AN fittings.

Or, find another pump with AN fittings that fits the ring.

If you get the Hyperfuel throw the in tank fuel line and clamp in the trash, get the proper submersible line and 2 clamps, not 1.

I got the 'corvette' filter/regulator, Wix brand with kit, and bolted it to the frame near the tank.

One line to tbs. Bought regulator block offs for the tbs, BMW iirc.

PTFE braided line with Fragola fittings, easy peasy.

No relay, but I did buy/install wiring for one because I found conflicting info, but not needed.

IMO:
Tanksinc tank and sending unit, yes.
Tanksinc fuel pump, no. NPT fittings suck
This ^^^^^ also the TANKS INC. return line is too small so if you ever want to convert it to carb you wont be able to get the pressure low enough.

Did you talk to Rick's Tanks right there in El Paso? Two years ago I purchased a S/S tank with a 255LPH pump built in and a float type fuel gauge. Great quality. I've run the dual TBI Fitech on my 440 for over 3 years.

I ended up using a1000 with efi regulator after messing with the fcc. Did the bypass mod it still heated up and would shut off.
if you are not using pwm, make sure to shut it off in the goefi screen. I ended up turning the pump on manually by way of relay.

Auto Transport Service
Back