• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Neeed help on old DeVilbiss regulator

bandit

Local time
1:34 AM
Reaction score
I inherited an old DeVilbiss regulator and it appears the filter element is missing. The only identifying marks on it say it is "Type HLC". I have been in contact with DeVilbiss and they have very little info on these. They say they are from the 50's. Does anyone know about the filter element in these and if there is a replacement anywhere? If anyone has one of these and can get me a part number off the filter, dimensions or a picture of it that would be great.
2013-07-16 11.19.57.jpg
2013-07-16 11.22.03.jpg

http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=89856

From what I read there, it may just be a water separator. And from the last picture of it I think I'd have to agree. I doesn't look to me like it would accept any kind of filter. Just agitate the air and remove debris and moisture. Cool tool though, they don't make 'em like that anymore.

That's a nice piece, sorry I can't help. All I have left is an old Siphon gun which I've kept as an icon, since I've long gone to HVLP.

Thanks for the link. Makes sense. Hard to find anything on this online. I am running some black pipe from my compressor with a drop and will hook the regulator inline soon. It should be easy to see if it collects water or not but not sure how to verify if it is getting all the debris. It is so hot and humid right now that I am getting water spitting through my DA so started this project to filter the line as much as possible.

Inherited a few old siphon guns too. They will probably just sit though. HVLP is going to be running soon for some bodywork so need to definately get this water out.

Auto Transport Service
Back