• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Negative battery cable

pnora

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:30 AM
Reaction score
I am in the process of putting my 69 Charger back together and need some help on the negative battery cables small body ground. Where was it attached and how was it routed. Pics would be great. Thanks.

Sorry for the confusion. I am looking for the small wire off the negative battery cable.
I'm not confused, that IS the small negative wire for 1969! IF you have one on your heavy ground cable at the battery then you have a 1970 cable!

I'm not confused, that IS the small negative wire for 1969! IF you have one on your heavy ground cable at the battery then you have a 1970 cable!
You could be right. A lot of these items I bought 15 years ago when I took the car apart. Seeing my car is not a numbers car where would it go on a 70 model?

You could be right. A lot of these items I bought 15 years ago when I took the car apart. Seeing my car is not a numbers car where would it go on a 70 model?
To the core support.

I figured that just where and how was it routed?

I figured that just where and how was it routed?
It just loops around and attaches. There is a special nut on a 70 core support to attach it to. Maybe someone will have a picture.

This is the standoff bolt for the ground on the 70, down on the core support between the battery!

B75191B1-8F32-4F15-83E2-285053E10F75.jpeg

I love it....a red wire going to ground....
That could get confusing.

I love it....a red wire going to ground....
That could get confusing.

It’s only temporary. The old original one was too short, had a .99c end on it, and the secondary wire was spliced and run under the buckle! I had this one laying around do I just put it in so I could take it for test rides. I’m the only one under the hood, so it’s no problem. The positive cable is brand new, so it’s not hard to tell them apart! I’ll be getting a new negative cable soon, but I’m not there yet!

Auto Transport Service
Back