• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Neighbor called the dog cops

sam dupont

Local time
1:23 AM
Reaction score
A new neighbor, 6 months, called the dog cops on a newer neighbor of a couple weeks. The dog, about a year old, must have nipped neighbor 1's kid, I saw the dog cop take a photo of his 8 year old's leg.
They aren't taking the dog tonight.
The older neighbor is a young motorhead and I have loaned him tools. Doesn't hurt my puller a bit, so why not? I've helped him wrench, and I've given him some of my cheaper tools that I upgraded and would never use again. Again, why not?
Because he's a rat. The next time he comes knocking, I'm going to answer the door in an ugly way.
I've always felt the Law was the last resort, especially with friends, family, and neighbors

Why did the dog “nip” the boy?

Didn't see it, just trying to figure it out like the old lady across the street peeking from behind the curtains, but the newer neighbor has been out front today potting plants with the dog tied to the railing. The kids often ride their bikes up and down the sidewalk screaming. Two plus two... Dog has some shepherd, so it may have been prey drive.
Can't have dogs nipping or biting, but animal control here is harsh. They kill 4 or 5 thousand animals a year and don't hesitate to seize. If you need a tetanus shot, tell them it is a scratch from some car parts and figure out with your neighbor how it isn't going to happen again.

Why did the dog “nip” the boy?
Exactly, most of the time the kid starts stuff, and because he’s an innocent little kid it’s the dogs fault.

When I was living with my parents, we’ve been there 23 years. The neighbors kids, who only been there a year or so, would walk by to the other neighbors to play with their kids. They’d throw sticks, rocks, poke our dogs, all kinds of stuff. Neighbors called the cops on our dogs because “they’re vicious,” when I explained what’s been going on to the cop “the kids are being kids, without pics or videos can’t do nothing.”
I told him kiss my ***, dogs are being dogs. I was and still am so glad I moved out, and my neighbors are great.

Don’t do any favors, or be kind to any parent that doesn’t take responsibility for their kids actions.

Things happen. Good parents and dog owners use it as a learning experience. Teach kids to either be kind to animals or ignore them. I would take my young dog to the bike path and explain to people what I was wanting to train and ask them to ride by so I could correct my animal if he wanted to chase.

If they shoot off fireworks again tonight, it's going to be tough not to call the cops. I won't, but tonight, the 6th, would make a week of them shooting off fireworks every night. If my dog were still alive, I would have talked to them. On the Fourth, my dog and I would go up in the National Forest for the day. It's cooler in the higher elevations and there are cool mountain streams.

Sidewalks are public domain. But you have no idea as to where the Knipping occurred. If neighbor #2 dog had bite one of my kids without be provoked in my yard there would have been no animal control called. An officer would have been called to take #2's dead dog in for testing.
Before passing judgement at least get the facts from #1.

I would be curious where the NEW neighbors moved FROM??.... That would answer alot of questions....

yep need the whole story. People need to not go up to a strange dog neighbor or not. My son got bite in the face and it was other kids that got the dog jacked up . He had always stopped and petted the dog and never a problem until that day. He was 8 and did not want the dog put down. Dogs can be funny,my 5 year old Rottie is fine with some dogs and other ones she wants to rip them apart. I hope you can see what happened and go from there.

yep need the whole story. People need to not go up to a strange dog neighbor or not. My son got bite in the face and it was other kids that got the dog jacked up . He had always stopped and petted the dog and never a problem until that day. He was 8 and did not want the dog put down. Dogs can be funny,my 5 year old Rottie is fine with some dogs and other ones she wants to rip them apart. I hope you can see what happened and go from there.
Time of month and sex of dog can make a big difference on the acceptance front. Some females just don't want families.

Auto Transport Service
Back