• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

neutral safety switch?

Gray Ghost

Local time
7:51 PM
Reaction score
Having the transmission in the 66 Charger (727) rebuilt and what I believe is the neutral safety switch is leaking so I am looking for a replacement. It's a small switch on the left side of the trans with a single black wire attached to a male terminal. All the local parts stores have them 68 up, with 3 terminals, but nobody has a one terminal. Does anybody have a source for one or have a work around?
Thanks in advance, Evan

Try Pat Blais AKA torqueflitepatty on E-bay.

They are out there, the single post style, but 2-3 times the cost of the three prong. Mancini has just the special gasket and seal if it's not bleeding right thru the switch, you can fix it for $4 or less.

Thanks for the replies Don & Lefty. Torqueflitepatty has used ones that are probably better than the new ones I found and ordered at Classic Industries, which are probably Chinese junk but we'll see.

Auto Transport Service
Back