• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Neutral SafetySwitch

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:01 AM
Reaction score
Was there one on a 64 b body with console? If so, what does it look like?

Mine has one. What trans are you using? The switch threads into the trans on a 727 and a-904. It has three prongs but I think my trans is a later model 727 so only one wire hooks to the switch from the starter relay.

The trans is from an 03 Ram, 545rfe. I thought there was one on the shifter, not to confuse it with the back up light switch. Now things are gonna get interesting.

I did take my console all apart once and the only wires on the shifter were the two wires for the back up lights. The switch is tripped internally in the trans and then opens the circuit to let the relay engage the starter when it's in park or neutral. I don't think there is any switch on the shifter for the neutral safety switch.

I'll look into it on my trans to see what I can do. This should not be to difficult, as these swaps are done rather frequently.

Auto Transport Service
Back