• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Never posted here before...just saying hello.

Leesrt

Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
I have a 1969 Charger R/T, 440, 4-speed car that is F6 green, and has the V21 hood performance treatment option. I've owned this car since July 26, 1983 (when I was 16 years old). It was my daily driver from 1983 to 1990. I parked it in 1990 while life happened. Now it's time to get to work on it and get it back on the road. Just thought I'd share here with this forum.
LeesRT

Leesrt29.jpg Leesrt33.jpg Leesrt36.jpg Leesrt40.jpg Leesrt41.jpg leesf6v21aa.jpg V21prodno1.jpg leeshop3.jpg leeshop1.jpg

Welcome to the madness . . .

Nice car, what are the plans for the car and getting it back on the road ?

Welcome to the madness . . .

Nice car, what are the plans for the car and getting it back on the road ?

My plans are to do an "old school" build (look wise) with modern upgrades. I want 500- 600 HP from the engine, upgrade the hemi 4-speed with a set of gears from Passon so 4th is overdrive, go to 4-wheel disc brakes, upgrade the electrical system, upgrades to the suspension for better handling, mostly stock look for the body with the exception of the wheels and tires. NO 22" WHEELS FOR ME. I want 15" 50 series tires in the rear and 14" 50 series tires in the front like you see in many of my pictures. I will also put the Challenger R/T tips back on. This car is not a numbers matching car. It's missing the original power train, but I have picked up all year correct components (E440 HP2 engines, 1969 Hemi 4-speeds, and a couple of Dana 60s, one of which is a 1969). I want this car to be something that not everyone is doing. I liked how it looked in the 1980s and that's what I want to do with it.

Welcome from Michigan, nice car you have there and sounds like you have a good plan too.
Bought my GTX in '79 when I was 17 and drove it for about five years daily, still have it and having a blast.

Welcome from Michigan, nice car you have there and sounds like you have a good plan too.
Bought my GTX in '79 when I was 17 and drove it for about five years daily, still have it and having a blast.

You've probably experienced the same things I have. People get to know you for your car. We've had them so long that when people see you, they always ask if you still have that car. Even though I haven't driven it in years, I still get enjoyment out of it. But that will change. It will be on the road again.

You've probably experienced the same things I have. People get to know you for your car. We've had them so long that when people see you, they always ask if you still have that car. Even though I haven't driven it in years, I still get enjoyment out of it. But that will change. It will be on the road again.
Very true I get that all the time, although I still drove my car occasionally after I bought a new car, and then a two year restoration over twenty years ago, then driven regularly since and still going strong.

nice looking charger I like your plan with it

NICE!!! Car is beautiful, so was the mullet.
Welcome

g'day from Australia :welcome:,
why no 71 v21 roadrunners on that article ( owner of a 71 v21 roadrunner)

Welcome to,FBBO. Love the Charger R/T. I did the same thing with my GTX. Brought it back to the way it looked in the 70s when I bought it. With some nice upgrades,of,course. Have at it and keep us posted.

Welcome!

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal

nice Charger

Auto Transport Service
Back