• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Never Seen A Scamp Like This Before

Don67Satellite

Local time
9:03 PM
Reaction score
A 1975 Plymouth Scamp "Brougham" for sale in Quebec, Canada. I once owned a '77 Fury Brougham, but damn that continental kit looks ridiculous. :eek:

French > English:

"Plymouth Scamp brougham 1975, engine 318, automatic, 87897 miles. 1 sole owner, bought new in 1975. Velvet interior, chrome completely redone, engine redone to nine, continental kit, silencer in double new, fender skirt very rare. No rust exceptional paint. Original spare tire never served. Very rare car in this state. 23500.$. I pass this announcement for my uncle."

s-l1600.jpg

Always amazes me when someone goes through the trouble and expense merely to make something look utterly absurd.

OMG! 1 of 1 for sure! Jump on that!

I kind of like it.

Never seen a continental kit on an A body.

Valiant brougham must have been badged as a Scamp in Canada.

I likes me a cushy velour bucket A body brougham interior.

23K is a little rich, though.

I'm sorry, I'd never say something rude about someone's car, but that looks like ***.

“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.”
― Groucho Marx . . .

Funny 001.jpg

A 1975 Plymouth Scamp "Brougham" for sale in Quebec, Canada. I once owned a '77 Fury Brougham, but damn that continental kit looks ridiculous. :eek:

French > English:

"Plymouth Scamp brougham 1975, engine 318, automatic, 87897 miles. 1 sole owner, bought new in 1975. Velvet interior, chrome completely redone, engine redone to nine, continental kit, silencer in double new, fender skirt very rare. No rust exceptional paint. Original spare tire never served. Very rare car in this state. 23500.$. I pass this announcement for my uncle."

View attachment 1265097

Dude had some serious passion to load that up. Poor Scamp.

To each their own and all fine; but IMO continental kits on a car going back to the late 50’s always looked ozzy include fender skirts. Never saw one that appeared to ‘belong’ on the car. Then came the era of velvet interiors and padded vinyl tops…around the time people wore 100% polyester clothes with collars and lapels large enough to lift you off the ground on a windy day…lol.

Unbolt the continental kit, take off the fender skirts...

Bolt on some rallye wheels or Cragar SS...

Done.

Auto Transport Service
Back