• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 3rd owner 1972 Charger SE

Goldmember72

Local time
2:58 AM
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have recently bought a 1972 Charger SE 440. I think this car is in great shape for its age. A little about me. My days with Mopar date back a ways. When I was 7 my family moved to Oklahoma and I don't remember what your it was but I know one of the cars we cam from California in was a Plymouth station wagon. Once here it was replaced with a green 68 Fury III 318 auto. A few years later Dad bought a 69 Satellite 383 auto. It may have had some miles on it but for a 2 barrel I thought it ran great! My Dad had been a auto mechanic most of his life starting back in the late 30's selling his last garage in California in 1971. So its safe to say I have a wrench turning background. My first pickup was a 71 D100 with a 318 Auto, not fast but it seemed to go forever. About 5 years ago I bought an all original and running 1941 Hudson Commodore Six Sedan. I know most here probably don't car anything about a car like that but it is impressive to me in its own way. I still will continue the restoration of it even though the 72 Charger might slow that down some. I say might, Hum, I guess it already has for the last week or so. I have been turning wrenches on one thing or another since I was very young and do not claim to be a master mechanic in any way. My work has lead me into the aviation world but with retirement in sight I may get many more years in working on my cars and whatever else comes along. I am sure there will be plenty of Mopar experts here to learn from even though I wouldn't say I am starting from scratch. My 72 Charger is completely original except for the interior which was customized by the 1st owner probably in the mid 70's, intake/exhaust manifolds and Carb.
72 Charger SE 1.jpg

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal

Thanks Z-Man, Once I get a few pictures of the interior my screen name will make more sense.

Welcome from Holland! Thee 72 SE Charger is one of my all time favourite Mopars. It's still on the 'want' list :) Enjoy your ride!

SuperFly TNT

Thanks everyone, I thought Goldmember would be a fitting screen name considering a few of my friends say I need some fuzzy dice to go with this and then I am right up there with Austin Powers and his time machine Cadillac. Maybe it just makes some sense to me.
72 Charger Custom Int..jpg

Welcome from sunny SoCal. You'll enjoy the forum. Sweet ride you have there

Welcome - that interior......
Shaggarific!!
Keep it, definitely a chick magnet,
Well they're probably old hens by now.
:rofl::welcome:

welcome from indy I to have a 72 charger se doesn't look like much now but its a work in progress

20160821_202944.jpg

Thanks everyone, I thought Goldmember would be a fitting screen name considering a few of my friends say I need some fuzzy dice to go with this and then I am right up there with Austin Powers and his time machine Cadillac. Maybe it just makes some sense to me.View attachment 423984
Guess you can say the interior was customized in the 1970's. Great looking car so enjoy it.

Welcome
Show off some pics of the Hudson please
Some of us dig the old stuff
No matter what make it is..

Welcome !

I have just started bringing a '71 440 Charger R/T back from a long slumber. The desert and PO did a nice job of removing lots of paint, so it ain't pretty, but it is complete. I had a chance before it got too cool to throw a little primer over the bare metal.

WP_000876.jpg WP_000881.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back