• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 66 Belvedere owner

Randy Marsh

Local time
10:23 PM
Reaction score
Recently had a 66 Belvedere 2 follow me home. This is my first B body and seems to be a good start so far. As far as I, and the previous owner can tell it's an all original 44k mile southern car. 273, auto, bench, power steering, and not much else. Being a Northeast guy this is the cleanest car I've ever worked on. I can't find a single hole in the car anywhere. The worst spot is some minor surface rust where mouse piss soaked into the carpet padding.
IMG_20191006_151226784~2.jpg

Damn nice car... Gives me inspiraton... I too have a 66 but its far from yours.. And Welcome to the obsession.

Welcome from Alabama, Love those 66-67's.
Outstanding example.

Welcome from Michigan, the Motor City! 440'

Thanks for the good words guys. I can say this is the first project car that I ever drove home in. Every other time it involved a trailer, an air tank, and a tetanus booster. Was really strange driving my kids to school and picking up Chinese food with it before ever laying a wrench to it.

However it is a 54 year old car that has had nothing done to it. So basically I will have to clean, paint, adjust, rebuild, or touch everything on the car anyway. It is much better than being overwhelmed looking at a piece of **** though. I'm done resurrecting junk.

This being a stripped down car is perfect as I have no intentions of doing a "restoration" on it. The certicard, build sheets, factory markings, ect are pretty cool to find, but are more of a romantic side note in this case.

That looks great, Randy. Hey, power steering and auto are all you need to cruise anyway. You're most of the way there...:)
:welcome:

That looks great, Randy. Hey, power steering and auto are all you need to cruise anyway. You're most of the way there...:)
:welcome:
I've got some plans for it. I'm scraping undercoating off right now to weld in the Uscartool subframe connectors, welding up trim holes, and there's a 400 sitting on the floor behind me.

This car I will do in stages as I plan to keep it a running/driving project.

Nice Color. I have a 66 too. With a 361 Automatic.
Greetings from Heidelberg, Germany.

Mario

img_5002b7jt3.jpg

:welcome: from the foothills of NE Tennessee!
I can only imagine what getting hold of an all-original car these days.
We did 30+ years ago, of course, but thought nothing of it then...
"They're only original once."
I don't know if I'd have the heart to mess with an original car much.

Nice find... documenting those factory markings through photographs and sharing here would be very helpful to other 66 owners.. just a thought. nice car ,enjoy...

beautiful

That is the best way to buy a car to modify if you're not going too wild. A guy can afford a lot of cash up front when building if major bodywork is out of the picture. She's a looker!
Mike

Nice looking 66!! My first car was a 66 but a 4 door. It was a bit different as it was yellow with a black vinyl top and there wasn't any others in my area that was painted yellow. I stuck on some similar looking wheels from a 68 AMX....

Welcome from the show me state!! I like the old 273. A few goodies here and there on it and you're off and running!!

Welcome from NY.
Good find, keep us posted on your updates

Auto Transport Service
Back