• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 67 Belvedere Owner

Commando66

Local time
4:58 AM
Reaction score
I’ve wanted a 67 Belvedere for a long time but my garage has always been full of other cars/projects. I found the car I wanted so I sold off my 66 Barracuda project (was my first car) to make room. The Belvedere is a supposed 17,000 mile car originally from Ohio. It’s wearing an older driver quality repaint and has had some “restoration” work done. Overall it’s an incredible car. It’s got a 318 and automatic, manual drums all around and power steering. Plans are a few suspension upgrades as well as front discs. I put my Hurst mags on to see how they would look. I’ve also got some 15” steel wheels getting painted.

DE5E13B8-D6A9-4DCE-B3C3-9508A463C64D.jpeg C2464B04-296D-42B8-96B3-5A413CAE91E8.jpeg 58A207E6-F5E6-4E57-AE35-D9028D6F1A25.jpeg 56BD1358-42B1-49BA-BAE7-73F1B5A3AC8E.jpeg

Beautiful car. 66-67 roofline is just stunning with the windows rolled down. Any idea who makes those floormats? They look really nice quality.

Welcome from Alabama, nice Belvedere, it wouldn't happen to be a Silver Special would it? What I'm seeing is the lack of the side trim, the two tone interior, and the black vinyl top. I sold one a few years ago, it was not nearly that nice.

Welcome from Alabama, nice Belvedere, it wouldn't happen to be a Silver Special would it? What I'm seeing is the lack of the side trim, the two tone interior, and the black vinyl top. I sold one a few years ago, it was not nearly that nice.
It is a silver special. I’ve got some research to do to get the black pinstripe back on the car.

Are you keeping the poly engine? I hope so. I always feel a bit disappointed when folk swap out the original engine for a 440. I'd prefer to work with whatever the car came with, be it 273, 318, 383 etc. I'm probably in the minority I know, it just somehow feels right to keep the original motor.

Are you keeping the poly engine? I hope so. I always feel a bit disappointed when folk swap out the original engine for a 440. I'd prefer to work with whatever the car came with, be it 273, 318, 383 etc. I'm probably in the minority I know, it just somehow feels right to keep the original motor.
I’m keeping the original LA318 that’s in it.

318LA - of course being a '67. It just looked quite wide in the engine bay and I didn't look too closely. Glad that your keeping it all the same.

:welcome: from the foothills of NE Tennessee!
Man, I'm really digging that Belvedere. How cool would that be, to get an original low mile
critter? I really like those Hurst wheels and redlines on it; they look like they belong on the thing.

Welcome aboard from Ohio. NICE

Welcome.
Glad you found what you were looking for.

Auto Transport Service
Back