• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New B Body owner

Prorac1

Local time
2:07 PM
Reaction score
Hi. My name is Eric.

I’m not New to Mopars, but this is my first B Body. I’ve owned and restored multiple A Body’s over the last 25 years.

Here’s a few pics of our previous projects.

37248ACE-2904-4A58-B8F2-ACC5E189D70A.jpeg
FCCDDDDB-B482-452B-BB22-A575A9128455.jpeg
3E4BFFA6-C071-4FCB-A8B9-11C4DCAA16D8.jpeg
AEB0F02B-FD3A-4453-AA12-2D882CC2F184.jpeg

3AE96FB4-8565-4F02-981D-05580DCE720A.jpeg
9FEAABDE-9F1C-4BDE-9F4C-B925EA010259.jpeg
169AB900-06A3-41DF-8221-B537B52713D5.jpeg
5C5C8DE2-C9DE-45A9-84A7-A4BA2B6946DA.jpeg
93EB62B0-B614-4F31-8E7B-C01B4AD3473A.jpeg

1D52F7CE-9B42-4A72-8E63-86913F055794.jpeg

The blue car is mine. I’ve owned it for 27 years. It was my first car and has been through s lot with me.

The red car is my 17 year old son Jasons car.

We’re both very active members on FABO.

It was a 4 year restoration project with me, my son, and my father. We had a great time and Jason learned a lot.

I was suppose to take some time off after Jasons restoration, but fate intervened.

Long story short I found my dream car. My bucket list car. My final build car.

It’s a 1968 Plymouth Sport Satellite convertible. It’s rough. But it has good bones and a lot of structure parts already replaced.

It already has both new rear quarters, inner and outer wheel houses, new drivers side rear frame rail and new trunk pans not yet installed.

It also had the front aprons, and front rails/torsion bar cross member clipped in from another car.

It still needs the right rear frame rail and rear trunk support in order to install the trunk floors.

Pics to follow.

Thanks for reading. Eric

Pics of “PROJECT X” as promised.

Why project x?

Because it’s going to be a GTX tribute.

Because it’s going to take all my X tra money.

And it might just get me an X wife if I’m not careful. Lol.

Onto the pictures.

2B4BE958-C718-430B-9430-C88C409AC0DA.jpeg
5A38F6C1-7D81-431E-9044-33BD481F250B.jpeg
EC812414-6143-4AC8-81EB-007214D371E9.jpeg
7AA20D13-4FE2-43A0-B978-BEA75ACF2241.jpeg
DCE1C662-9C99-468F-82B0-E3A74C57070C.jpeg
D0C0211F-CD6B-4C9E-868D-606ACE6A3CCF.jpeg
132FB756-B4E6-428D-9C1D-062BA8B89D96.jpeg
2E598D53-D74E-42B9-894F-78702DB140D9.jpeg
C5F49035-7102-4A77-B14C-DBD5F7B1328B.jpeg
C417EDF1-B1A5-4F97-B3BE-1FA26E0E5BB7.jpeg

Thank you for reading. And thank you for having me on your forum.

The project is on the back burner for a while while I take care of other priorities that we’re neglected during the last 4 year restoration. Lol.

I plan on using this time to research and gather parts.

Thanks. Eric.

Welcome from Cincinnati, good looking fleet you have there!

It's a good place if you're looking for X tra parts. ;)

Based on your awesome A bodies, you should have a lot of fun with your B project. Did a clone project with my dear now departed dad. It was a '72 Cutlass convert, my mom bought as she loved her convert's. It got driven pretty much to the ground passed around the family before it was parked for a few years...sadly outdoors no garage room. I had a vette at the time and our 1st kid arrived making the vette more of a hassle. Got the brainstorm to restore the Olds as a 442 clone. Live & learn as the body was really rusted **** though 3/4's of the body was replaced when all done. It was fun to watch the car become a 442 lookalike with some more cloning on deck...but swore I'd never do another car that far gone again. Then saw an ad for a CA '63 Plymouth droptop for a nice price (I always had a love for that era mopar as my older cousin had a Plymouth and Dodge he raced back when) and couldn't pass that up so onto my 2nd resto that would take 20+ years; mostly light duty stuff while I still drove it. The last two years major stuff to really get it done and some 30+ grand to get it where I wanted it to be. What a difference re-doing a pretty much rust-free car. Anyway, even rusted as it was, the Olds came out pretty nice. Guys who have brought seriously deteriorated cars back to life know that isn't a game breaker. And the memories with my super smart dad teaching me as we re-did the Olds are great memories I didn't realize I'd cherish today.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

nice collection of MoPars

Welcome from Cincinnati, good looking fleet you have there!

It's a good place if you're looking for X tra parts. ;)

g'day from Australia :welcome:

Based on your awesome A bodies, you should have a lot of fun with your B project. Did a clone project with my dear now departed dad. It was a '72 Cutlass convert, my mom bought as she loved her convert's. It got driven pretty much to the ground passed around the family before it was parked for a few years...sadly outdoors no garage room. I had a vette at the time and our 1st kid arrived making the vette more of a hassle. Got the brainstorm to restore the Olds as a 442 clone. Live & learn as the body was really rusted **** though 3/4's of the body was replaced when all done. It was fun to watch the car become a 442 lookalike with some more cloning on deck...but swore I'd never do another car that far gone again. Then saw an ad for a CA '63 Plymouth droptop for a nice price (I always had a love for that era mopar as my older cousin had a Plymouth and Dodge he raced back when) and couldn't pass that up so onto my 2nd resto that would take 20+ years; mostly light duty stuff while I still drove it. The last two years major stuff to really get it done and some 30+ grand to get it where I wanted it to be. What a difference re-doing a pretty much rust-free car. Anyway, even rusted as it was, the Olds came out pretty nice. Guys who have brought seriously deteriorated cars back to life know that isn't a game breaker. And the memories with my super smart dad teaching me as we re-did the Olds are great memories I didn't realize I'd cherish today.

Damn! Nice A Bodies. Welcome.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

nice collection of MoPars

:welcome: from Ky. Nice A bodies.Had a few myself.

Thank you for all the warm welcomes!

I’ve always felt like the A body board was part of my family. We’re a very close knit group. I’m hoping this board is much the same way.

Thank you again for the warm welcomes and I’m looking forward to gaining a vast amount of knowledge here. Thanks again. Eric

Welcome to FBBO from Vermont!! Nice score there and a great vision for the project. I Like it! Ghost.

Welcome to the forum...Thanks for sharing pics!

Very nice rides and good luck with your project...

welcome to the site and sweet rides you have there. Good luck with project x :thumbsup:

Welcome also from Michigan. The end of your X project will look awesome!:thumbsup:

Eric, glad to see you over here on the FBBO site. This is a very active group with tons of knowledge and the desire to help.

Between Jason, your Dad and yourself, the car will be done very nicely and will be done before you even realize it. Personally, I feel that the car will be much easier to do than Jason's car. Other than the unique pieces to the convertible, much easier to find parts for these than the early A-Bodies.

Take care,
Richard

Welcome aboard from Ohio. Nice project, keep us apprised.

Welcome to FBBO from SoCal. Quite a project you've picked up. Love the vision!

Welcome from the show me state!! That 3/4 front shot in front of the diner is about as sweet as it gets, well done!!!

Welcome from North Carolina. Nice A bodies!! Can't wait to see your X project come together.

Auto Transport Service
Back