• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Best But!!

cudatom

Local time
12:04 AM
Reaction score
Spent the weekend at Monster Mopar in Norwalk. Ran a personal best in the wagon of 11.049. Found out the car isn't as fat as I thought. She only weighs 4120 with me in it not 4150. Well 15lbs of the difference is my 15lb weight loss. Ha,ha

Now for the but the weather and starting line sucked. I have never seen it this bad. Everyone in our group was all over the place 60' wise. Mine varied by .069 and that has never happened before not anywhere or under any circumstances.

Also found out E85 doesn't like humidity. The humidity was 83% one run then 66% for two and then up to 73% the next. That was Friday. Today it was 90% and no time trials. I really struggled as I have very little data on this new set up(15 runs at 1/8th and none prior to this weekend for the 1/4). When the humidity dropped and the DA increased I picked up when those running race fuel slowed down. The et swing was from 11.049 to 11.237!! I'll get a hang of it as I collect more data but damn.

Was still fun to hang out with my friends for 3 days but the racing was just frustrating.

New personal bests are always fun, no matter the other results. Trust me, i know my personal bests in each car very well.

congrats on the new best...

better luck next time with the track
or the starting line surface

refresh my memory, I see so many of these
which car was this ?
what's the combo again ?
I know it's on E85 now :poke:

just curious

Its a 67 Belvedere wagon. 400 block with a 440 Source 512 stroker kit. It has a small solid cam (244 intake 248 ex at .050 with around .550 lift, Edelbrock heads, m1 and a dominator. We shift it at 5500 and cross the line at 5950. I call it my tractor motor.

This one of my better runs.

26409.jpeg

Nice car guess we all have to get use to the track condition. Running back road racing you never know what to expect. Good time for that car. So will you get into the 10s if the track and info is better.

Nice car guess we all have to get use to the track condition. Running back road racing you never know what to expect. Good time for that car. So will you get into the 10s if the track and info is better.
Maybe. It will be close. It just doesn't have enough head or cam for the top end. My best mph was 121.59. She sure feels flat above 5800.

Nice going and congrats with that super cool wagon !!! Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back