• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Bests & Carb Spacer Testing

68Charger440HP

Local time
7:09 PM
Reaction score
We finally had a break in the weather and I was able to go to a test & tune today. I got 5 runs in and got my top two ET's and top 5 MPH's. I got my second best 60' but overall was not happy with performance off the line. I suffered from traction loss on every run.

I decided to try out an aluminum 2' open spacer to see if it made any difference. No other changes were made. Up top I had a Holley 850, the 2' spacer and the Eddy performer RPM manifold and these are on top of Trick Flow heads. My first 4 runs were all with the spacer I ran my best ET's and MPH's so I figured it must of helped a little.

First 4 runs:
[email protected], 1.70 60'
[email protected], 1.82 60'
[email protected], 1.77 60'
[email protected], 1.71 60'

Previous to today this was my best: [email protected]. If I had stopped at 4 runs, I would have said that it appeared the spacer helped the top end but I ran one more time and this time I took the spacer off. My 5th and final run was [email protected], 1.74 60'. So I was basically running right inline with my previous runs. It appears the spacer did nothing for me.

Next time out I'll be trying out an M1 single plane just for the hell of it which was a topic of a previous thread. Overall, I had a great day even if my car wasn't doing great in the 60'. I've run mid 1.6X's before.

I think the single plane will make a difference for better ET's. Be sure and let us know.
Another thing to consider. I have raced one time at Sacramento.
My home track where I race all the time is Famoso (Bakersfield).
The track prep at Famoso is so much better than at Sacramento.
I run a full tenth faster at Famoso than Sacramento....and 80% of the better ET is in the 60" better time at Famoso.....just for your info.

I think the single plane will make a difference for better ET's. Be sure and let us know.
Another thing to consider. I have raced one time at Sacramento.
My home track where I race all the time is Famoso (Bakersfield).
The track prep at Famoso is so much better than at Sacramento.
I run a full tenth faster at Famoso than Sacramento....and 80% of the better ET is in the 60" better time at Famoso.....just for your info.
Thanks Mike. I could always try Sonoma but that's a much further drive for me. I haven't been there in years though so I don't know if the track prep is any better. I'll definitely let you know the results.

That one time you raced at Sacramento must have been their yearly Mopar drags right? My dad and I actually talked to you for a little bit about your car in the staging lanes. We both really like Coronets and he has a 68 RT and 69 RT. We really liked your car.

Thanks Mike. I could always try Sonoma but that's a much further drive for me. I haven't been there in years though so I don't know if the track prep is any better. I'll definitely let you know the results.

That one time you raced at Sacramento must have been their yearly Mopar drags right? My dad and I actually talked to you for a little bit about your car in the staging lanes. We both really like Coronets and he has a 68 RT and 69 RT. We really liked your car.
I enjoy the Sonoma track but, its only really prepared well when there is a bracket meet. Wednesday nights the track is not that great. With all the rain lately we can't get a dry run in edgewise.

Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back